10 Chance

Song : kalank

"Why are you so adamant on marrying me ?" Avantika asked as she again saw the king present their waiting for her in hopes on convincing her for dual this time

Karanveer shrugged and said "you amuse me intrigue me and keep me on my toes all the time without knowing . "Avantika smiled at the king never failed to amuse her.

He always had a way with words.

"But you do know that every time you show up here won't change my answer." Avantika said as a matter of fact.

"Well what's the harm in trying" Karanveer

replied shrugging.

Avantika rolled her eyes and said "Isn't it irresponsible how you are here everyday at the same time don't you have duties ?"

Karanveer smirked and said "I manage my work just fine so can court my Ranisa. And its also one of my responsibilities to get a deserving Queen.

Avantika smiled shaking her head at the antiques of the grownup child.

"You dont act like a king your highness. "Avantika said as she cleaned her sword and checked its edge.

"What do you want me to do be a grumpy human and order people around?" Karanveer asked

Avantika chuckled softly.

"Well can you show me around your village some day please ?" The king asked scratching his neck.

Avantika turned around to see what had made the king ask such a weird demand.

"Why ? You are a king you obviously can roam around and see the village avantika said.

"No not like a king but want to see it as a
normal person. "He explained

"Well My king the village is right at the outskirts of the garh (gadh palace-castle) so why not do it on your own?" She asked cocking her head to a side.
"Well they wont let me and even if they do people will try to show me the good sides and i want to see all the ugly truths. *Karanveer explained. Because he was always trying to do this. But never had the time.

Avantika thought for a moment and said
Meet me here before the sunrise and
wear clothes.

"I always wear clothes!" The king exclaimed.

"Oops sorry my king i meant clothes with fabrics and not some precious jeweles we don't want to go as a walking jewellery shop but as normal people. "Avantika said and her sarcasm amused him.

Karanveer was always amused how she never cared about his status as a king She always talked back and put him to his place. And it never ceased to amaze him.

She was one of a kind. And thats why he wanted her more than earlier. He had came here everyday after she had rejected him the first time.

He thought he wont care about the marriage but right now he was dhing to be married to her