28 . Trapped

Song. Sawali si raat / Love is Weird

Anaya stared at the ocean waves

Anaya stared at the ocean waves. She didn't know what to feel.  Wanting Anup was something she had no control on. She wanted him and liked him. But there worlds were poles apart.

So was there any ending for them? She humourlessly chuckled as she thought if they were ever going to have a happy end. While they didn't even had a start yet.

She remembered the incident after lunch and she didn't know what she should do anymore.

*******

"If you do, let me know first., if bhai sa gets to know about it we wouldn't want to know what he would do." Abeer said.

Anaya gulped and was about to speak when they heard Kabir's voice asking
" What would i know?" He asked.

" Nothing Bhai sa.  Its our secret. " Abeer said.  Squeezing anaya's hand to assure her he would deal with this.

Kabir nodded but he didn't belive it was something small. And a casual thing they were talking about

" Hash. That was close. " Abeer said and released a breathe

" Well now Anaya i need an answer. " Abeer said his voice clipped and his all business and no nonsens tone indicated that anaya ha d no option but to spill.

" I like him. But… uhh he doesnt see me that way" she rambled.

Abeer's brows shot up as she said he didn't like her.

" If the way he glared at me was any indication then i should say he is pretty much whipped. " Abeer stated as a matter of fact.

Anaya blushed but then whined " bhai yrr. Don't. I know he doesn't see me that way. "

Abeer nodded seriously and then said " i understand.  You are in denial. Come to me when you and him both get their senses back. "
"Bhai. !" She scolded and slapped him on the head.

Abeer pouted and said " oww ! Woman that hurts. " And they walked back towards the office.

"Just know that i am here alright?" Abeer said. And hugged Avani as they reached the top floor. Avani nodded and smiled at him.

" You going home to meet ma and papa?" She asked him

" Yeah guess i would have dinner with y'all" he said.

Anaya nodded and said “see you then” her lips held a small smile.

She then walked inside and was informed that Avani had asked for her. Anaya frowned and went in Avani’s cabin.

“You called me?” Anaya asked with confusion as she sat on the chair when Avani signed her to.

“Tell me whats with you and Anup?” Avani asked her.