22. Colour

Song.: Nach de ne sare.

Green

Green.

The first colour of the wedding , Mehendi , the green Henna painted on the bride's hands is the first colour of the groom that the bride is painted in. With each day passing the bride is coloured one by one in groom's colours and vice versa. These colours paint them in each others world.

The second colour is Yellow . its painted to groom first and then the bride so they both glow for each other and glow with each other.

And then there is red which the groom applies on the bride painting her with his love and in his world.

Today , it was the first day of the pre wedding functions. Avani was tied with a KAKAN today.

{A/N kakan is a threat tied with a ball of rice wrapped in cloth , its kind of a bracelet tied inn brides hands and is painted yellow with haldi. }

The priest tied the Yellow bracelet in her hands , and she was made to wear the silver jewelry and was given the nutcracker with the rice wrapped in a handkerchief. Avani was happy , her fae glowed with happiness the grin never leaving her lips.

“Uh huh Avani you look like you are dying to get married to Arjun, at least try to be a little shy and reserved for the sake of typical bride vibes” Shreya teased .she was now 3 months along and they decided to keep the baby .

Naman who sat beside then snorted and said “Avani can be anything but the usual typical bride”

Avani gave him a stink eye.

Her whole family was here.her grandma wasn't happy with this marriage as the boy wasn't from the same cast but was a punjabi. Her uncle and aunt were here just for the sake of their name. Avani didn't even want them here except for Naman and Shreya.

“Bhai , why don't you keep your mouth shut and let me enjoy MY wedding functions” Avani said stressing the my to clear that this wedding was hers and shed behave the way she wanted.

“What are you all doing here? and Avani there is a small pooja that you have to do so come with me” her mother said and Avani nodded and walked with her mother.

“Ma why do we have a bhat ?”

{ Bhaat pronounced as BH-AA-TTT}

Bhat were kind of the first people invited to the wedding . avani didn't know why they were given so much importance.

“Because a long time ago a  king from a province of Rajasthan  was saved by a bhat and he promised them that they'd be the first people invited to a wedding they be given the utmost importance , and we just try to complete hs promise”
Shital said and Avani’s face formed an ‘O’ .

They reached the hall where the pooja was suppose to happen and Avani sat there . the priest chanted mantras and Avani sat there with a coconut in her hands.