18. Engaged.

"What are you doing ?" Meher asked Avani who sat in the balcony with plants

" I am  taking care of my plants" Avani replied.

" By cutting them ?" Meher asked.

" It'll grow more if i cut it now. " Avani replied cutting another rose branch.

" But the plant is too small what if it dies. I know that plant's need cutting but isn't that a too small plant?" Meher asked.

" No This rose bush won't grow much in the small confined place. I will have to make sure to cut it regularly so it grows and knows how to live. " Avani said carassing a rose petal with a small smile.

The silver ring on her ring finger shining as the first rays of sun were Falling on her.

" I don't get it. " Meher said.

"Do you see this plant Meher. " Avani said pointing at another small rose Plant. And Meher nodded.

" They are small because i have kept them in small pots. And they wont grow until i give them bigger space.  So i have to cut them every time they are about to stop growing just to remind them That they need to grow" Avani said.

" Same can be said about relationship don't you think so ?" Meher asked.

" What fo you mean ?" Avani asked her with confusion.

" Every relationship will stop growing at one point where one would need more space to grow and the other wont. So that's why we have ups and Downs don't we. Just to remind us that we can never stop growing. If we do We would die. "  Meher said.

Avani smiled and said
" It depends on people mostly.  Some people are meant to fly Meher. They can't have roots to grow. They wouldn't want to tie themself to ground. Because for them sky is what they need. And some people are like this plants and they'd grow more with roots , but if two person , one with sky and other with ground are together they won't last long because one needs to fly with no roots and other needs roots to grow.  "

"Hmm" Meher hummed.

" Alright so i am done here we would then go to office. " Avani said dusting of her hands .

" Which office ?" Meher asked.

" Dad's office. I have some meeting there ,also i would like to announce about my engagement too” Avani said and Meher nodded

“So this Kabir guy is he single ?” asked Meher

Avani frowned and said “dont know , you interested?”

Meher laughed and said “nah he is too cold and rough not my type and i prefer people with a little more expression when they have sex. That man looks like he wouldn't even change his expression when he would be dying. ” Meher replied.

Avani who remembered his smile felt special knowing she knew something about him which was unknown to everyone else.

“You are one lucky woman who can swing both ways you have so much variety” Avani said shaking her head and Meher smirked .