37.Dhairya

Song joganiya

Avani stared at the night sky feeling weirdly at peace, she was restless since her wedding preparations but now it was all getting better and somehow she was at peace or maybe she was calm

Avani stared at the night sky feeling weirdly at peace, she was restless since her wedding preparations but now it was all getting better and somehow she was at peace or maybe she was calm. There was no lingering pain , or heartache anymore in her heart, she was okay and she was getting better.. The kiss from a week earlier had been replaying in her head and so had his ignorance after that.

She knew she had said the wrong words at the wrong time.

But she didn't mean it that way. She just wanted to apologize for hurting him because she was still in love with Arjun and kissing Kabir was wrong in so many ways , yet it felt right.  She felt perfect in his arms that night. She fet guilty for so many things , she felt guilty for kissing kabir and cheating on Arjun even if they weren't together. Their hearts in some way were still with each other , or maybe pieces of them were.  She felt guilty for hurting Kabir and Arjun in a way she never wanted to. She felt guilty for thinking of a new start with Kabir. Was she really so wrong? Was it so wrong fro her to think of needing something worth fighting for in life? She just wanted to want something and feel loved or maybe love something just so she wouldn't feel alone and messed? Was she really being so selfish to want to move on an leave the past. ?

She wanted to talk to Kabir to clear the air and the mess she had made . she wanted to be normal , she knew they weren't going to be husband and wife in every sense , but if they stayed like this they would hurt each other more and maybe the mess would just increase and never will be sorted due to the non existing communication.

His avoidance for her was valid she had hurt him and he was trying to stop himself from feeling anymore potential hurt, but leaving Mumbai without informing her was a whole another level of stupid. She was so worried for him when she saw he wasn't in the office and wasn't answering any calls. She later got to know from Anup that where he was and had left abruptly.

She was angry at him. She was pissed at him.

She sighed , her eyes staring at the moonless sky and thats when Kabir entered the room his shoulders slumped. He Looked disheveled. And his hairs messy.

The top 2 buttons of his shirt open. He looked vulnerable and fragile. Avani wanted to yell at him and scold him. But when she saw him all she felt was to console him and make that frown disappear from his face.

"Kabir you okay?" Avani asked worried.

" I am fine. " His tone clipped.

Avani frowned at his clipped tone. Yes he was avoiding her but he still was polite and human around her. But right now he just seemed off. Like someone different.

"You can tell me. Maybe I can help. ?" She asked . Trying to make him feel better.

"It's nothing. Let it be. " Kabir shook his head and sighed.
Avani hummed and said " So how was goa?" She casually asked.