27.Breakdown

Song. Ghalat fehmi

Are you okay?

Are you okay?

One sentence , 3 words that could break her. Everyone around her kept on asking her if she was okay or if she was fine. Everyone who knew what happened was constantly checking up on her and asking her if she was fine, or how she was coping up.

If she was being honest she wasn't okay. She tried to avoid the breakdown for a day for a whole day she tried being her normal self and tried being better. It didn't work. She broke again.

His thoughts plagued her mind again. She stared at the Computer screen in front of her but nothing seemed okay. Hereyes stared at the blank screen . Her heart was tired of feeling hopeless.

There were no more tears left for her to cry. She just felt sad and empty. She was exhausted and tired. Everything around her moved , time passed and things changed but she was stuck in her head. She didn't know how to come out or escape this reality.

She wished she could say that this was all a dream and wake up but she knew this was real. And it hurt , it hurt too much.

The pain didn't seem to stop , the hollowness she felt was not leaving her.  She was tired emotionally and physically , she didn't wanted to feel this way anymore.

But did she had a choice?

She tried keeping herself normal she went out ,shopped , ate but then she was back where it all started , in her head , and in pain.

How much more would she break? How much more pain will she endure before she gave up?

Avani sighed , and turned her chair around and stared outside the glass wall. The city looked busy and moving. Everyone was busy in their lives , Avani exhaled a heavy breathe and closed her eyes trying to keep her thoughts in check.

" Ma'am its lunch time should i order something for you?" Maya asked as she entered her office.

She stared worriedly at her silent boss who looked lost and tired.

" No , i am fine. " Avani replied still staring at the view. Maya nodded and left Avani , she wanted to give her space.

Anup worked with his boss silently he didn't commented anything or thought anything about him. He kept everything professional. He knew his boss was mad but destroying someone's life was another  level of insanity. He hated Kabir for what he had done. And so he tried keeping himself in check and tried being calm and professional.

Anaya looked lost too and he felt like punched in the gut as he saw her face dull and low.

She didn't looked like the vibrant girl he knew and he hated that his boss had done this to her.

" Anup check on Avani and see if she had left for lunch or if she had it." Kabir said.

Anup silently nodded and left.