40. Goodbye

Song

Song. Sanware

Avani stared at Kabir who worked on his laptop

Avani stared at Kabir who worked on his laptop. The evening sky of Jaipur in the background was making him look even more better. “Staring is bad, Avani,” Kabir said, still typing on his laptop. Avani blushed and said “well not if the other person is your husband” Avani cheekily muttered . Kabir looked up from the laptop and shook his head in amusement at her.

But then frowned, something was up and he knew it . Kabir was worried about something happening at his coronation. He was worried about something hurting her. His coronation was abruptly preponed and was a day later and he didn't  know why his nerves were making his insecure and paranoid.

“What are you thinking ?” she asked him once she noticed the frown on his face.
“About tomorrow's coronation. I Don't know i fear something might happen” he said . but then added “its nothing but just me being paranoid”

Avani smiled at him and walked towards him, sat beside him on the swing and said “its okay kabir. It would be fine, stop worrying” Kabir nodded at her and sighed .

Maybe he was just paranoid. He thought

Avani stared at the pink city and the evening hues reminded her of a morning from the Vijaygarh, the one she once saw in her dreams.

“What are you thinking of?” he asked

“Just about how the start of the day and end seem so same ?” she mumbled amazed

“How ?” he asked confused .

“Look at the sky, Kabir, it looks the same in the early morning,” Avani said pointing at the pink and orange sky.

He smiled and the sky looked beautiful.

“I am going in the garden. You can stay here and finish your work or maybe join me?” she asked and he silently kept the laptop aside and walked towards her. She smiled at his actions knowing  he would never let go of opportunities to be with her and spent time with her.

Kanika had made no appearance after Avani and her talk , Avani wasn't sure if this was peace or the silence before the storm. Only If she knew the storm was already headed her way.