24. Destroyed

Song: Baarish lete ana / Bruises

The car pulled into the driveway of a private villa at the outskirts of Goa

“We’re here” Kabir said but Avani was in a trance , she didn't hear him or even realized that the car had stopped.

Kabir sighed and touched Avani’s shoulder and Avani irked back to reality. She then realized that the car had stopped. She slowly got out of the car and Kabir  led her inside.

“Upstairs the first room to the left is yours , you can ask me if you need anything , your luggage is already there” Kabir emotionlessly said and walked away disappearing into the hallway.

Avani stood their numb , she felt nothing as of yet except pain. Avani walked upstairs and then turned left and entered her room. It was a plain gray room with luxurious furniture and a walk-in closet of a size of another bedroom. Avani found her luggage in the closet. She opened it in her trance and took out some dress to wear without checking what it was. She walked inside the bathroom and stripped off her wedding attire and turned on the shwer. The freezing cold water trailed down her body , and jut the way water flowed down on her body Avani felt all her walls breaking , the reality of being married to Kabir finally sinked in .

She fell to her knees and a sob finally broke through her , a heart wrenching scream left her lips. And she cried her heart out. She cried and tried to empty herself , empty the grief , the pain , the agony , the misery. She tried to let it all go.  She wailed and sobbed.

She looked broken as she laid on the white tiles of the bathroom with ice cold water pouring on her. Her bare form was broken and shattered.

“Why ?” she yelled with a crack in her voice at the end. What had she become?

A broken mess?

She thought.

She was tired of feeling this pain , she was exhausted with all the things happening around her, she just wanted to curl up and cry and hug someone. But that someone was gone and snatched away from her. She just needed the comfort of Arjuns arms and all she wanted to do was feel safe and protected . but all she felt was heartbroken, empty and tired . she didn't feel safe .

Avani then slowly stood up and wore her clothes and walked out of the bathroom and went straight to the bed. She laid there staring at the ceiling with no expression. She stared blankly for a while and a few tears pricked her eyes and flowed down her cheeks wetting the cushions

She felt nothing, she didn't even realize her tears flowed. She  kept on staring blankly. Avani was an optimist, she always found positivity in things ,  she had learned her lesson that seeing negativity will do you no good, it will only seep inside of you and eat you up from inside. But right now in this situation she didn't know what to feel. What positive aspect will she find in this situation? What had her life become ? an abyss of darkness and pain all she saw was hopeless woman with nothing to hold onto , she saw an empty void that could never be filled, a woman with no love. A life with no hope. A life with no love, a life  with a man she barely knew.