25. Adjustment

Song. Ashes

Avani stared at the walls in front of her , she was tired but scared too

Avani stared at the walls in front of her , she was tired but scared too. This new life, this adjustment, it was taking a toll on her. She sighed and picked her bag and was about to start unpacking when her room door was opened harshly. Avani jerked up and stared at the intruder.

"What are you doing here?" Kabir asked , his voice was a little loud and anger was evident in his eyes.

"Your sister showed me this room" Avani snapped at his weird attitude.

Kabr cursed under his breath and said "you are living with me in my room" He said .

"I am not staying with you," Avani said in a hard tone.

"You don't have a choice Avani, i am not asking you but telling you, go upstairs in the second room to the left i would get your bags, NOW" Kaabir said in a no nonsense tone Avani gulped an nodded hastily and walked out.

She went upstairs and entered Kabir's room , and was dumbfounded as she stared at the room.

Her mind was blank as she stared at the plain gray walls with nothing on them. The room looked plainer than the guest room. Kabir came with the bags and saw Avani standing in the middle of the room with a clenched jaw.

"What?" he asked.

"I am not staying here" she said back with a hard glare.

"Look Avani i told you , you don't exactly have a choice here" he snapped agitated that why couldn't she just listen to him .

"And i don't care i cant stay in such a boring room" Avani Snapped glaring at him.

Kabir gulped , Avani Looked so much like Avantika in the moment, the hard glare and the demanding nature for a moment he was lost . he blinked and got out of his daze and said "well suck it up princess and adjust" Avani clenched her jaw and stormed inside the bathroom but came back a moment later , snatced the bag from Kabir and stormed back inside again.

Kabir wanted to laugh at her antiques but he pressed his lips in a thin line and let her be. He didn't want to be at the receiving end of another glare. Kabir then roamed his eyes around his room and felt that it actually was plain too plain. He shook his head,he was love sick he knew it because he had wreaked havoc when his mother and sister changed some little things in his room .

He was madly in love.

He walked out of his room and went on the terrace trying to get his head straight , he let his thoughts roam to places , he thought of everything that had happened in the last few days. He wanted to savor the small moment he had with Avani a while ago because he knew it was a small fleeting moment in which her guards slipped and her sadness was just waiting to let its presence known. He wished he could make it all normal but he couldn't , he knew it.

He exhaled a long breath and buried his face in his palms staring at the night sky which was full of stars and had a full moon.

"Why Bhai ? why did you just destroyed it all for her?" He heard Anaya's voice from behind . Kabir turned around to find his sister glaring at him and he sighed and got ready for another lecture.