BONUS CHAPTER: The Wedding

For the (very) belated 10th Anniversary of S&S. 

It's also the perfect time to announce:

I am officially self-publishing Sweetly & Scientifically on Amazon in 2025!

Maybe sooner, but that's a little too optimistic for me.

I can't answer many questions about it because don't have a lot of information right now. I can say that it will be available as a hardcover, paperback, and an e-book. I'm also going to try to post progress updates on Instagram when I have them.

I'll be hard at work to finally make this dream a reality.

Without further ado,

Enjoy the wedding, Sweeties!

~ ( s ) ( s ) ( s ) ~

Inhale.

Exhale.

Eat a Skittle.

Inhale—

Choke on a Skittle.

Ferra dropped the next piece of candy poised for my mouth in favor of a water bottle, holding the straw steady for me to take a sip. My mom rubbed my back and Laura, Wesley's mom, fanned my face to combat the tears welling in my eyes.

"I think that's enough candy for now," my mom said, taking the bag away. "It should be starting any minute, so I'm going to find my handsome date."

"Maybe I can find one for myself at the reception," Laura mused, following her to the door.

They both giggled like teenagers or like they already had some wine, but that was just the way they were as friends. My mom paused inside the room after Laura stepped out. She turned back to the mirror where the gazes of our reflections met.

I smiled at her, feeling the sting of more tears building.

She smiled back softly, her own eyes glistening even though we promised each other no more crying.

"I love you, mom."

"I love you too, baby girl."

Ian poked his head into the room and said, "She's a big girl now, mom."

She scowled playfully at him, "She will always be my baby. And so will you."

Ian whined when she pinched his cheek and he rubbed the side of his face after she left. He froze with his palm still on his cheek, his mouth gaping at the sight of me.

"You act as if you haven't seen the dress," I laughed, watching him walk over in a daze.

My brother was with us when we went shopping for a wedding gown. He sipped champagne, shared his opinions, and cheered the loudest when I found the dress. He was always my biggest supporter, and he always would be.

"I can't believe my little sister is getting married," he sighed.

"Are you crying?!"

"Of course I am!"

Ferra came around to his other side and wiped the stray tear away before she kissed him. "At least you can admit it now."

"Only on special occasions." He tugged her closer for a second kiss. "Like when I married you."

She hummed, "And when we watched that movie the other night."

 He cleared his throat and checked his watch. "Are you ready, Reyns?"