Nap Time & Pick Up Lines

~ Nap Time & Pick Up Lines ~

~ ( s ) ( s ) ( s ) ~

I made it to school early enough to do what I needed to do. After taking some time to think about it, I decided to ask Wesley about going to Ferra's recital. If I didn't do it first thing in the morning, I would lose all the nerve I built up through the night to ask him. I was making a bigger deal about it in my mind and completely overthinking the situation. Or it could have just been a fear of rejection. 

Stop it, I ordered. It is not like it's really a date, anyway. Well, it isn't if he doesn't know it's a date. Even though it's not a date. I was beginning to confuse myself. 

I stood at the door to the Lair, digging in my pocket for the key. He wasn't expecting me before lunchtime and I wasn't sure if I would be welcome so early in the morning. Another possibility was that he wasn’t in there yet and I worked myself up over nothing.

Carefully opening the door, I peeked in to announce my presence if he wasn’t busy. When I didn’t see him standing at the table, I considered it safe to enter the room and lock up behind me. Then I spotted Wesley lying on the couch, sound asleep. 

Taking slow, light steps so I wouldn't wake him, I saw that his glasses were on the stack of books. His features were so boyish and peaceful while he slept, all he was missing was a teddy bear in his arms. 

Speaking of arms. Wow. He really does work out. His biceps were on display since his lab coat was draped over the couch by his feet. He looked amazing in a blue t-shirt and dark grey jeans. The lab coat always covered most of his attire, but after seeing him in pajamas and now casual clothes, it was proven that he would look good in anything. I felt like such a creeper, so I snapped out of it and shifted my gaze elsewhere.

I bit my lip, eyeing the stark white coat. I had been wondering what it would be like to try it on. He is asleep, I reasoned, so there wouldn't be any harm in it. Just for a minute.

I tiptoed to the end of the couch and lifted the lab coat. The material was softer than I imagined, more so than what we wore in chemistry class. Unfolding the coat so I could put it on, I caught a hint of Wesley's scent. It smelled like vaguely like melon and fresh, clean cotton. I held the fabric to my nose for another sniff. Creeper, I reminded myself as I slipped into the coat. It was baggy on my small frame and the sleeves were too long.

Once I made sure he was still sleeping, I reached for the glasses to complete the look. My vision was a little blurry with the spectacles perched on my nose, but I could still see well enough to leave them on. Feeling silly in the oversized lab coat, I strutted away from the couch like a model on a catwalk and stopped in front of the mirror with my hands on my hips in a dramatic pose.

A throat clearing broke the silence of my fashion show.

I froze, wishing I could do a magic show next and disappear. When I whirled to face him, I couldn't see his expression through the lenses. There was a fifty-fifty chance that he was mad or amused, so I stumbled back a step when he started to approach me because I was in trouble either way.

Wesley took his own sweet time coming over to me. He reached out for the glasses, his fingertips brushing my temples as he removed them. While he wiped the lenses off on his shirt, he looked at me with sleepy eyes, but they were vibrant without the glasses obstructing the view. After he put them back on, amusement danced in his gaze and reflected in a smile when he could see me as clearly as I could see him.

He trailed his gaze down, giving me a once-over. "You look better in that than I do."

Heat flushed my face as I tried to turn it back onto him by gesturing to his disheveled hair. "Yeah? Well, you look really cute with bed head."