Exothermic Bonds & Sparkly Vampire Boxers

~ Exothermic Bonds & Sparkly Vampire Boxers ~

~ ( s ) ( s ) ( s ) ~

Wes was going to be at the door any minute, so I was a ball of stress while I helped my mom with dinner. Without a clue of what he liked to eat, she made a variety of food; a roast with vegetables was the main dish, but she didn't know if he ate red meat, so she also marinated and baked some chicken. I had to talk her out of the tofu turkey because we didn't want to kill the guy.

It's bound to be somebody's last meal though, I thought as Ian walked into the dining room.

"So when is my new punching bag getting here?" I glared at him while I set the table. He flashed his teeth excitedly and added as he wiggled his fingers, "My fists are already tingling with anticipation."

"Sit!" I pointed to the chair across from me. Ian dropped his shoulders and sulked over, obediently taking a seat. "Good boy. Now you better behave yourself tonight or I'll tell Wesley and Ferra about your sparkly vampire boxers."

His face was priceless at my mention of the underwear. Mortification at it's best, but he left me with no choice. Sorry, dear brother.

"I bought those on a dare, okay? I don't even have them anymore," he responded defensively.

"Really?" I smirked. "Then why are you wearing them right now?"

He was way beyond mortified at that point. "How did you know?!"

"Lucky guess," I shrugged like it was nothing, but I was genuinely surprised that it was true.

Ian banged his head on the table. "How could I fall for that one?"

"Is it a deal? Be nice to Wes and your secret is safe." I held my hand out to shake his, formalizing the agreement. He scowled as he shook my hand. 

"You are no fun at all," Ian muttered just before the doorbell rang.

Placing the last set of silverware on a cloth napkin, I told my mom that I would get the door. I didn't have to say anything to Ian, since my threat seemed to be enough to keep him subdued for awhile.

I took a deep breath and smiled widely as I opened the door to welcome Wesley.

"What's wrong with your face?"

Of course those were the first words out of his annoying mouth. Actually, his mouth is perfect. The words that tend to come out of it are the real problem.

"It's lovely to see you too." The corners of my mouth turned down since it hurt to smile that wide anyway. I stepped back to make room for him to come inside. "I hope you brought your appetite," I whispered to him as I lead him to the kitchen, ready to get the awkward introductions out of the way. 

"Mom, this is Wesley. Wes, this is my mom, Theresa." I glanced at my sibling and muttered disdainfully with a curled lip, "You've already met Ian."

Wesley's arm brushed against mine as he reached out from behind me to shake my mom's hand. I couldn't move until he dropped his arm because the counter was on my other side. So I just stood there like an idiot. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Mrs. Winters. Thank you for welcoming me into your home."

"Of course, Wesley! I have to say, I've been dying to meet you. Reyna tells me so many wonderful things about you."

At her lie, my head snapped to my mom and she winked at me. His breathy chuckle had me wanting to crawl under the counter to hide. I was finally able to move aside when he lowered his arm.