Dinner with Mr. Black & Winters' Chilling Comeback

~ Dinner with Mr. Black & Winters' Chilling Comeback ~

~ ( s ) ( s ) ( s ) ~

I felt like I was floating through school the next day. I couldn't wait for Sunday when Wes and I would have our first date. It was pretty much all I could think about since he asked me out, aside from chemistry.

Like the chemistry between me and Wes, I sighed happily, putting in my locker combination. And of course the chemistry that was being drilled into my brain for the test.

"Hey, Skit!" Ferra pinched my side, startling me out of my thoughts.

"Hey," I said, busying myself with the contents of my locker. I didn't have a chance to tell her about Wesley yet, and I knew she would be upset with me after she was done squealing and jumping around when she found out.

"So how are things with you and Wesley?"

I chirped, "Good.”

"Any changes or is he still being a guy? Men can be so ignorant," Fere rolled her eyes.

I held back a massive grin, wondering if she was talking about Ian. Unable to wait a second longer, I opened my mouth to tell her about the kiss, but she stopped me.

"Oh! There's your boy," she said, looking past my shoulder.

I turned to see Wesley standing at his locker, sorting through his books. I expected him to ignore me like he did any other time we found ourselves in the current situation. Maybe what happened between us won't affect the deal, I thought with a frown. Does that mean he still doesn't want to be seen together?

Feeling my stare, his eyes met mine and his lips quirked up. I smiled back, bashfully pushing a lock of red hair behind my ear. The moment was interrupted when his phone rang. After answering the call, his shoulders dropped a fraction before he closed his locker and quickly left in the opposite direction.

I wondered who called him as I watched his retreating back.

"Oh. My. Gosh."

I forgot that Ferra was beside me. I faced her, ready for the mini freak out.

"You totally kissed him," she began to shout loudly. I put my hand over her mouth, muffling the last two words.

"Keep it down, Fere!" Removing my hand revealed her smug grin. "How did you know?"

"I knew it! I knew something was going on." As I predicted, Ferra squealed and started bouncing on her heels. "Why didn't you tell me? When did it happen? How was it?"

"I'm sorry, I was going to tell you today. It happened yesterday right after school. And I'm not answering the last question." The answer was obvious though because of the blatant blush on my cheeks.

My phone buzzed, so I plucked it from my pocket and checked the message.

Sorry, can't study after school. Dinner with my dad.

R U ok? I quickly responded. 

Ferra noticed my worried look, so she asked if everything was alright.

"I don't know yet," I said as we walked to class. She guided me through the crowd while I watched my phone and waited for another message to appear.

Not really…

Want backup??? I didn't even consider what I was offering, but it just felt right to do it.

Wouldn't mind it, he replied a minute later.