Chapter 28

Zevander's POV

I didn't get much sleep last night after finding out everything Braxlyn has been through.

Actually I didn't get any sleep at all. I stayed up all night wondering why someone would hurt Braxlyn. Someone who is so pure and good.

I stayed in bed though, holding her all night while looking at her sleep peacefully. She really is the most beautiful woman I have ever seen.

Braxlyn thinks I saved her but in reality she saved me. She saved me from a lifetime of loneliness and I could never thank her enough.

I quickly take a shower so I can get Lenaya dressed and feed before taking her to school.

I don't want her to have to look for me because I know she'll cry. Lenaya has this fear of abandonment. She thinks I'm going to leave her and I know she fears that Braxlyn will leave her too.

After quickly getting dressed and putting on a my suit. I leave my tie around my neck as I walk to Lenaya's room to wake her up, but stop when I hear Lenaya crying. I rush to get to her room and don't see her then I hear Braxlyn's sweet voice coming from the guest room.

I walk to the door and stay silent just listening to the two girls I love bond together.

"What's wrong, Lenaya?" Braxlyn says with concern.

I continue to listen to their conversation between each other and smile.

I knew this was going to happen. Lenaya was going to get attached to Braxlyn. It doesn't bother me though because I know Braxlyn would never cause her pain.

I don't know if Braxlyn has noticed yet but she sees Lenaya as a daughter, just like Lenaya sees her as a mother. They have both created an unbreakable bond.

I almost laugh when I hear Lenaya tell Braxlyn that I can be her daddy too. 'Oh, she will soon be calling me that.' I think to myself and smirk.

I leave to my room as I hear that Braxlyn is going to cook something for Lenaya and if I know my daughter correctly, which I do, she is going to ask for pancakes with strawberries and bananas.

As much as I want to be with both of them right now I want them both to spend time together since Braxlyn will be going home today and I know they both need this.

I put my tie on and take my blanket and sheets off and put on clean ones and check for any emails that need my attention.

I make a quick call to my secretary, to let her know to have my brother Zane take over my eight thirty meeting this morning, since I will be coming in a little later then usual.

After finishing I make my way downstairs as I hear my stomach growl, letting me know I'm hungry.

I go to the laundry room and put the blankets and sheets to wash and head to the kitchen.

I walk in the kitchen and see that Lenaya is on the counter helping Braxlyn.

Braxlyn has her back towards me and I see that Lenaya is going to yell "Daddy" so I quickly put my index finger to my lips as a gesture for her to stay quiet causing Lenaya to giggle.

"What are you giggling about huh?" Braxlyn says as she tickles her. "You don't like my smiley face?" Braxlyn says laughing.

I walk behind Braxlyn and wrap my hands around her waist and I feel her relax against me instantly.

"What are you two doing?" I ask them. As the both say making pancakes at the same time.

I reach over Braxlyn and give Lenaya a kiss on her cheek. "It's Raxlyn's turn. Kiss Raxlyn, Daddy." Lenaya says excitedly while clapping her little hands together.