Chapter 50

One Month Later

  "I didn't say much when Zevander told me about my father. What do you say when someone tells you a man who was suppose to love you, but didn't is dying of cancer?" I say to Dr. Carson.

"I thought I would cry because regardless of the circumstances he is still my father, but I haven't and it's been a month since I found out. Is there something wrong with me?" I ask looking at my hands on my lap.

"No. There is nothing wrong with you, Braxlyn. People cope with death differently. You might be okay now, but it might be different as time progresses." Dr. Carson says looking up from his notepad.

"Do you think it will be good for you to see what he has to say? To pay him a visit? I know he hurt you, but you have over come so many obstacles and have crossed off so many on this list. The only thing left is to forgive both your parents."

Do I want to see him? I don't know. I know I want to forgive them because I don't want to continue with this burden anymore. I feel like this is the only thing holding me back.

"Yeah. I do want to forgive them and I know it's the right thing to do so I don't have to carry this burden with me anymore." I say smiling. "I'm finally happy and I'm finally at a place in my life where the things that hurt me doesn't matter anymore. I know they helped mold me into this person I am today. I know Zaren will be proud of me. I know he's smiling down on me right now." I say wiping a lone tear as I smile.

"Then you know what to do." Dr. Carson says as he looks at me and smiles.

"I do. It's time to leave the past behind me and live for me, Zaren, Lenaya and Zevander. I know Zaren is no longer here, but he will always be my past, present and future. I made a promise to him and I will keep that promise, Dr. Carson." I say smiling because I know this time I truly mean it.

"Who is Zevander? You have mentioned Lenaya on multiple occasions, but never Zevander. Is that Lenaya's father?" Dr. Carson says.

Oh right. I have never told Dr. Carson about me and Zevander.

"Zevander is my boyfriend." I say blushing. "We have been dating for almost two months and he is the one who helped me overcome my obstacles." I say shyly.

"Wow. I'm very proud of you, Braxlyn. You really are becoming the person you are meant to be." He says smiling at me. "Has anything else happened since the last time I seen you?"

"Ummm... I've ran into the guy who raped me. His name is Samson and he is Lenaya's uncle." I tell Dr. Carson who's eyes go wide.

"And how did that go?" He says with concern.

"I had a breakdown but Zevander was able to pull me back. He helped me in so many ways, Dr. Carson. I love him and Lenaya and I'm very thankful they're in my life." I say while smiling and wiping my happy tears.

"I'm glad you found someone who was able to help you and find your purpose in life. I would really like to meet him. The both of them." He says smiling at me and I nod my head.

"I'll make an appointment for next month then and see how things go from there. If anything happens and you need to come back, just call me and I will schedule you in. Does that sound good?" Dr. Carson says and I nod my head.

I get into the the G-Wagon and drive to Zevander's office and decide that I should maybe call Aria.

"Hey, Girl." Aria says out of breath.

"Did I catch you at a bad time?" I ask a bit concerned.

"Uhhh... no actually. I was just with Derek and we-" I cut her off before she can finish.