Chapter 41

Zevander's POV

   After the long day I had, Braxlyn and I thought it would be best if we take off tonight to my parents house instead of tomorrow morning. We deserve a little getaway, especially Braxlyn.

After Braxlyn and Lenaya left I finished up in the office and came home to a fresh meal and our bags packed and ready to go and just like that my sour mood was gone once I saw the two beautiful girls who mean the most to me. Braxlyn and Lenaya. Braxlyn really is amazing. My little minx.

Just as I finished tying my shoes the bedroom door slams open and hits the wall and I look up and see a crying Lenaya run in.

"What's wrong, Princess?" I say picking her up and rubbing her back.

"Grandma and Grandpa are here. Grandma called Mommy a bad name and is hurting her."

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. I forgot how the ex in-laws will be at Lenaya's party tomorrow. Shit.

I quickly put Lenaya down. "Look at me, Princess. Go to your room and stay there." I say as I quickly grab Aliana's letter and we both leave my room.

Once Lenaya is in her room and her door is closed I rush downstairs.

"You will never be Lenaya's mother. I don't care what Lenaya thinks. Once Zevander sees you for who you really are he will throw you out like the filthy trash you are. You mark my words, Bitch." Margaret says.

I see that Bill has a smug look on his face and I feel my rage start to consume me as Margaret picks up her hand and slaps Braxlyn across her face and Braxlyn takes the hit.

It pisses me off that Braxlyn won't defend herself. I know she can but she shouldn't be allowing this to happen.

Before she could slap her again I grab her arm before she can lay another blow and throw her hand down. "How dare you come into our house!" I yell pointing between me and Braxlyn. "And disrespect my girlfriend. You have some fucking nerves laying a hand on Braxlyn, Margaret." I say glaring at her.

"And you." I say pointing to Bill. "How dare you stand by and let your wife do something like this!" I yell as I pull Braxlyn behind me.

Margaret looks shocked, but Bill looks angry and I know he wants to say something, but won't because he knows I'm right.

Aliana was just like her mother. She always thought they were above others and people who weren't on their social ladder were below them. Always judging people, always gossiping. Always spiteful.

I know what type of people they are, but I couldn't take their only grandchild away. She was the only thing left from Aliana and even though Lenaya looks like me she still is apart of her biological mother.

"You're going to disrespect us and Aliana's memory, Son? How can you move on from her?" Bill spits out.

"You have some fucking nerves to say I disrespected the both of you and Aliana, when your wife comes into MY house and assaults MY girlfriend. You better hope I don't press charges and stop calling me son. I'm not your damn son!" I yell.

"But if you want the truth then no. No I never loved Aliana. I thought I did, but I was in love with the idea of being in love. I'm with the person I really love and I won't let you or you." I say pointing to both Margaret and Bill. "Mess up the good thing the three of us have."

I stop to take a deep breath as I noticed both Bill and Margaret have wide eyes, gaping mouths and Margaret is crying, but I don't give a shit.

"Did you expect me to stay single forever, huh? It took me almost five years to realize that your daughter never loved me. She was fucking her ex behind my back the whole marriage. She never even told me that it was a possibility that Lenaya wasn't mine. Thank God she is though. Your daughter manipulated me and controlled me and I'll be damn if I let you poison my daughter the way you did yours. Let's face it. Your daughter was a selfish bitch." I say shoving the handwritten letter in her hand and hear both Aliana's parents and Braxlyn gasp.