Chapter 47

Zevander's POV

Everything was perfect today. I got my love back. Though I didn't think she would ever forgive me, but she did and I'm the happiest man in the world.

Margaret and Bill called me earlier while Braxlyn was getting changed. They asked if they could come to the party and I told them no. I meant what I said when I told them to stay away from us.

I know what I said to Braxlyn hurt her and I will forever make it up to her, but what kind of boyfriend would I be if I allowed the person who abused her to come near her or my daughter?

I was going up there to tell her about the phone call when I got distracted by her and it was the best damn distraction I've ever had.

Samson called me and told me he was going to be late. He said he couldn't get an earlier flight, but that he would be here as soon as he landed.

Samson is Aliana's brother and though they are related by blood they are nothing alike. He found out about me moving on and wanted to tell me congratulations. He knew how his sister was. Samson is a good guy and nothing like his family.

He just arrived and I'm on my way to meet him at the front door. I know that Lenaya will be excited to see him since it's been a year since they saw each other last.

"Hey, Man. Come on in. I hope you brought your swimming trunks? I say once I open the door wider for him to come in.

Samson laughs. "I actually forgot, but I'm excited to see Lenaya. Where is she?" Samson says as we walk into the living room.

"She's with my girl right now. Come I'll introduce you both to each other.

"Listen, Man. I want to apologize to you first on my parents behalf. I don't know what happened, but I know how they can get." Samson says and I nod my head.

"When I walked in the living room your mother was slapping Braxlyn." I say as I start to feel myself become angry again.

"Braxlyn?" Samson says deep in thought.

"Yeah, my girl. Her name is Br-" I'm cut off by a loud scream behind me.

I look behind me and see Braxlyn fall to the floor on her ass, crying and covering her eyes. I look to see Samson frozen in place.

"What the fuck?" I say with concern.

I quickly run to Braxlyn. "Baby, what's wrong? Talk to me."

She screams, still covering her eyes and backs away from me. "No! No! Don't touch me!" Braxlyn screams.

I've never heard anyone scream like Braxlyn just did. It's a scream of fear and horror.

Everyone runs in and looks at Braxlyn on the floor. She continues to scream and shake her head while covering her eyes.

"What's going on?" My fathers voice booms against the walls with concern as he looks from Braxlyn to me.

I hear Lenaya crying. "Get Lenaya out of here, Zara! Hurry!" I yell at my sister as I'm scared for Lenaya and Braxlyn.

Zara runs past a frozen Samson who's eyes are frozen on Braxlyn as Lenaya continues crying asking for her Mommy.

"Baby..." I try to grab her but she screams louder. "Baby. It's me." I say as I try to hold her.

"What happened?" My mother says over a screaming and hysterical Braxlyn.

"No! No! No! Dont touch me! Don't make me look!" Braxlyn says as I try to uncover her eyes.