Chapter 35

I wake up and see that it is almost five. I quickly get up and walk to Zevander's bathroom to pee and wash my hands.

Wincing at the pain between my legs I quickly get into my duffle bag and grab my leggings and quickly put them on before I make my way downstairs to look for Lenaya and Zevander. I stop when I hear Zevander in Lenaya's room. I quietly walk to her open door. Zevander has his arms crossed over his chest with his back to me and it looks as if he's scolding her.

"Lenaya, why did you hit that kid today? I taught you never to hit unless someone hits you first, but that wasn't the case was it? We don't hit, Lenaya. We use are words." I hear Zevander say.

What the hell happened today. Lenaya hit another child. Why? I know she wouldn't just hit someone without cause. I'm brought out of my thoughts as I hear Lenaya scuff. I look up and see both her little hands are balled into two little fist by her side.

"Kaden said you don't have to be mommy's and daddy's to kiss. I told him he was wrong and mommy's and daddy's do kiss." Lenaya's face is red and her little body is shaking. "He called me a liar Daddy, and I'm not a liar." She whispers while looking up at Zevander. "I told him my Daddy and my Mommy Raxlyn kiss and he told me Raxlyn is not my mommy." She says wrapping her little arms around Zevander's neck as soon as he gets on his knees. Lenaya begins to cry and I feel my heart drop.

She called me "Mommy." I never thought I would hear that word again, but Lenaya had called me it. I feel happy. I would be proud to be her "Mommy" and of course I would never try to replace her real mother.

I'm brought back out of my thoughts as I hear Zevander ask her if she would like for me to be her mom.

"Of course, Daddy." She says looking at Zevander smiling through her tears. "I love Raxlyn and she loves me. She's my best friend just like you, Daddy."

I smile as she says that. I love that little girl with all my heart and I would do anything to see her happy.

"Naya, just because you don't agree with other people doesn't mean you have the right to hit them. We never hit people out of anger and without a good cause. We use are words okay?" Zevander says and I feel myself fall more in love with him.

"Okay, Daddy. I will say sorry to Kaden tomorrow." Lenaya says hugging Zevander as he nods his head.

"I'll tell you what, Princess. You go and wake up Braxlyn and after we eat dinner and take you a bath you can talk to her and ask her if she wants to be your mommy. Does that sound good?" Zevander says and I quickly go back to Zevander's room and lay down.

A couple of minutes later I hear the door open and I hear quiet footsteps making their way to the bed.

"Raxlyn, Daddy said it's time for dinner." I hear the quiet voice of Lenaya say. I turn around and see her standing there with her little hands on her hips.

I laugh as I get up from bed and open my arms for a hug. She quickly runs into my arms and throws her little arms around my neck as I pick her up.

"Did you miss me, Baby because I missed you all day?" I ask her as I walk to the door with Lenaya in my arms.

"Yes!" She yells and nods her head "I missed you and Daddy all day. I love the both of you so so much."

"And we love you too, so so much." I say gently thumping her little button nose causing her to giggle.

When we reach the dining room Lenaya wiggles out of my arms so I gently put her down. "I have to help Daddy set the table." She says as she runs to the kitchen.

I smile as I make my way there and hug Zevander from behind. "You should of woke me up. I could of cooked dinner." I say as Zevander turns around and kisses me.