Chapter 54

Zevander and I had barely left the hospital and are on our way to pick up Lenaya.

"You did good, Baby and I'm so proud of you. You managed to forgive your father and put it past you." Zevander says smiling while he quickly glances at me.

"I feel good, Babe." I say grabbing his hand and smiling. "I don't feel this heavy burden anymore and I feel sort of at peace with myself. Completely at peace."

"That's good, Baby. Now if only it was different with you Mom." Zevander says with a frown on his beautiful lips.

"You know, I never really cared much about her. I know it's wrong to say but she was the one who gave me the most hell growing up." I say taking a deep breath. "She never really liked me and for years I always thought it was something I did, but now I know it was jealousy. Who gets jealous of their own child?" I say laughing dryly while shaking my head.

"It doesn't make much since to me either." Zevander says shaking his head.

We pull up to Clayton's house and Zevander quickly comes around my side and opens the door for me.

"You know I'm capable of opening my own door." I say looking at Zevander.

"Don't let Mom hear you say that and just so you know I love opening the door for you." Zevander says pulling me to him and kissing my lips.

"Uh-huh." I say as I knock on the front door to Clayton's house.

Clayton answers the door and smiles when he sees me. He pulls me in for a hug immediately. "Hey, Pumpkin." How are you? I've missed you." Clayton says.

"Hey, Clay. I've been wonderful and I missed you too." I say looking up at him and smiling.

"I want you to meet my boyfriend, Zevander. Zevander this is Aria's father. Clayton." I say introducing them.

They shake hands and continue to talk as I walk past them and go to the living room.

Everything looks the same as it did when I left all those many years ago. I smile as I see all the pictures of me and Aria on the walls of us growing up.

I walk into the living room and see Lenaya and Aria watching, "Hey Arnold" and laugh out loud thinking of the times me and Aria would always watch it.

"Mommy!" Lenaya yells when she hears me and runs into my outreached arms.

"Hi, Baby. Did you have fun with Aria?" I ask as I kiss her on her cheek.

"Yeah I did, Mommy. Me and Aunt Ria watched movies and ate popcorn and pickles and candy an-" I cut her off.

"Woah Baby, that was a lot of food. Did Ari give you a lot of candy?" I ask Lenaya as I glare at Aria.

I know what she did. She gave her a lot of sweets so that she would be hyper, so that me and Zevander wouldn't be getting any sleep tonight.

"I sure did." Aria says with a smirk.

"Lenaya. Cover your ears." I tell her and she does. "Bitch." I say looking at Aria and I hear Clayton and Zevander laugh.

"Language, Baby." Zevander says getting Lenaya from me and kissing her cheek.

"Oh shut up, Zevander." I say with a smile.

"Woah. Someone's already having pregnancy hormones." Aria says as Zevander laughs and nods in agreement.

"You're pregnant?" Clayton says with a smile.

"Yeah I am. I'm pregnant with twins." I tell Clayton with a smile.

He pulls me into a hug and kisses my head. "I'm so happy for you, BB." He says with a huge smile covering his face.