Chapter 49

I never imagined that I would run into my rapist after fifteen years. I always wondered what was the name of the person who ruined my life and now I know.

That man brought terror to half my life. He destroyed me. Inside and out, but he also gave me one of the best gifts ever, my son Zaren.

I didn't remember much from that night, but I would always remember the face and eyes of that monster as well as the pain I felt. I never imagined that his eyes could hold joy, but they did. Just for a spit second before I saw the same young boy who's eyes held so much hate and anger. The same eyes that haunted and followed me ever since I was a teenager.

Zaren looked like a mixture of the both of us, with blonde hair and crystal blue eyes just like him. The difference is that Zaren's eyes held love and happiness, well when I was around. He always knew how to hide his emotions well, especially from me.

Last night was the second hardest day of my life. The first being when Zaren died. My mind was playing tricks on me and I was back in that room with him. I heard Zaren though. He told me not to listen, to close my eyes so I did. He said I will get through it and I did. All thanks to Zevander. His loving voice, his touch and his scent. Him being the love of my life was enough to bring me back to reality. To bring me back to him and Lenaya.

"Morning, Mommy." Lenaya whispers looking up at me.

"Morning, Baby." I whisper back while smiling at her.

"Are you okay, Mommy? Aunt Ara said you didn't feel good." She says as her lips quivers.

She's the sweetest. Always caring and loving. Just like her father. "I'm fine, Baby. I promise." I say because she knows when we say promise we mean it.

"Let's go brush our teeth and take you a bath okay, but we have to be quiet because Daddy is sleeping." I say in a whisper with my index finger to my mouth indicating for us to be quiet.

She nods before covering her mouth with both her hands to muffle her giggles.

Lenaya gets out of bed with ease, but with Zevander having his arm wrapped around me tightly, it is easier said then done.

Lenaya throws her hands in the air and groans before she climbs back in bed. She grabs Zevander's arm and throws it off me and I giggle as he puts his arm back around me and pulls me closer to him.

"Daddy..." She whines as she places her hands on her hips.

"Hmmm." Zevander says and I have to hold back a laugh. Lenaya doesn't know that he's a light sleeper and probably heard us talking.

"Move your arm, Daddy. Mommy is going to take me a bath." Lenaya says annoyed.

"No. I want Mommy to stay with me." Zevander says with a tease to his voice.

Lenaya starts to rub her little eyes and starts to cry. I quickly remove Zevander's arm around me as I pick her up. "You made her cry, Babe." I say with a frown on my face.

"I'm sorry, Princess. You can have Mommy." Zevander says looking at Lenaya.

Before I can walk to Lenaya's room to get her bag I hear Lenaya giggle so I turn my face so I can see her as she is facing Zevander. "Got you, Daddy." She says sticking her tongue at him. Me and Zevander look shocked at what this little five year old just did.

"The both and you are going to be the death of me." Zevander groans and lays back down.

"Mommy." Lenaya says as I take her a bath.

"Yeah?" I ask as I wash her hair.

"Are you and Daddy going to get married and have babies?" She says.