CHAPTER-THREE

Chapter-3: Tere mere darmiyan

  ☆⁠▽⁠☆

The Khan family was the perfect example of a literate family. They always prove that in their family no one has to quit their dreams for any of them. So having support from the family and her husband Afreen Khan becomes an owner and principal of the school and college.

"Walaikum assalam.I was just asking about both of you with them and seeing you both come. " Afreen said smiling at both of them. Hearing her both smiled at her happily. As some minutes passed and they were all engrossed in their talks.

"You are looking beautiful Mahenoor," Afreen said looking at her with adoration-filled eyes. Only they both were standing there as everyone else was going to meet with others. And Nadiya also went with them so now Afreen and Mahenoor were standing there alone.

Hearing a compliment from her she blushed. And softly said, "Thank you."

"By the way, how is your mom and dad ?" Afreen asked as she knew them well.

"They are good. And Ammi said salam to you." She answered and remembered her mothers' words she added more. Hearing her agree whispered." Walaikum assalam. "

Just like that, they were both also engrossed in their small talk. Afreen was asking small questions from her after every minute and she was answering them politely.

Since she joined her college two to three months ago and she doesn't know anything about her except her parents. She liked Mahenoor from the start because of her nature. She was polite, soft, mature yet childish only for her comfortable person, beautiful, caring, and innocent.

Everything she has that a mother can ask for her son's bride.

Just like talking, chatting, laughing, and enjoying time passes. And seven pm turns into eight pm. Just for her reminder she gave a glance to her watch which was showing the eight o'clock. Getting panic she hurriedly looked at Afreen who was also looking at her worriedly.

"What happened beta? Is everything okay ?" She asked.

"Ma'am. Ammi told me to come home early and it's already eight pm. I have to go otherwise she will scold me." She explained to her looking worried about her mother's wrath.

"It's okay beta. Don't have to worry. I will send you home safely and also talk with your mother. Just don't take so much stress." She told her to lessen her tension. In the answer, she nodded her head. But still, she was worried while Afreen just sighed.

As they both were busy when Afreen felt a tap on her shoulder. and looking behind she found that her husband was looking at her.

"It's late now. We should cut the cake everyone was waiting for an announcement. Come " He said holding her hands. When his sight fell on Mahenoor.

"Assalam walaikum uncle." She greets him whispering. He returned slightly nodding his head.

Mustafa and Afreen both went to their son who was talking with some client. And excuse them they take him towards the stage and begin to say.

When both Mr. and Mrs. Khan go towards their son. Mahenoor also went towards Nadiya who was talking with some other colleagues.

"Nadiya you told me that we will go at eight o'clock and see you are still standing here and having your gossip." She held her hands and took her some silent place and said to her irritatingly.

"Ohh. I almost forgot the time. Sorry yaar. Let's go after cake cutting ceremony." Slightly hitting her forehead she assured her. She agreed and nodded her head yes.

"So. Everyone's attention, please.is time to cut the cake of my beloved son's birthday and his achievements as a celebration." Mustafa said excitedly. While everyone just chuckled at him looking at her excited face.

Looking at his father's face he becomes emotional and hugged him.
And said. " Thank you for everything, Dad. " When he said Mustafa looked at him confusingly and raised his eyebrow at him to ask questions about what happened and he just shook his head.

"Come beta. Let's cut the cake everyone is waiting." Afreen said to him to which he just nodded.

He went towards the table and smiled looking at the cake. And looked at his parents and once again goes towards them and held their hands leaving them in confusion. Ignoring their confused faces he just walked towards the table and made them stand beside him.

"I always want both of you to stand beside me. every phase of my life. Just be there and support me. "He said truthfully smiling at them with a little hint of moistness in his eyes.

They both looked at him with watery eyes and nodded their heads. Holding his hand they cut the cake together and smiled looking at each other. everyone claps their hands and hooted at their family connection.

"Thank you, mom."
"Thank you, Dad." He said eating their cake. They also reciprocate his love.

At that time, when cake cutting ceremony was happening Mahenoor missed that because her mother called her. Answering her call she went outside and attended the phone call. After some time confessing to her mother, she returned inside and looked everywhere and everyone was clapping and hooting. She thought the cake was cut so she could go now. shrugging she directly goes towards Nadiya.

"Nadiya Miss now we should leave as the cake was cut. " She said to her.

" Yes. Let's leave." She said looking at her watch. They both left that place but not before informing Afreen.

*************

Here's the Chapter-3.

Like it?

The next chapter will be going long. So please have patience while reading. And enjoy.

Vote and comment.