CHAPTER-FORTY

Chapter-40: Kuch to hai tujhse Raabta

★⁠o⁠☆

The toughest and most painful thing was to wait for someone. Waiting for someone was not easy, especially for the person, whom we loved the most. But unfortunately, They were the ones who made us wait more.

And like always Mahenoor was waiting for her husband. He still did not come home and she was getting impatient by passing every second. She was sitting on the sofa and continuously was looking at the phone.

A few minutes passed like that and the sound of the doorbell echoed in the Khan villa.

She hurriedly stood up from the sofa and ran towards the door. Her eyes illustrated the worriedness only for him, who was just unaware of everything. With an uneven breath and rapidly beating heartbeat she opened the door.

Finally!

She got to see her husband.

She sighed with a heavy heart and blinked her eyes to push the tears of worries back.

There, he was standing with his charming smile and sparkling eyes.

He was smiling wholeheartedly but somewhere the uneasiness could be easily seen in his eyes. He was trying damn hard to not show this to her and he succeed. She did not notice the tension and fear on his face which was hidden behind his heartwarming smile.

He took a step ahead and gently caressed her hair. He knew she would be worried for him and would get scared of being alone. But he did not know that she would be scared not to be alone but not to see him in front of her eyes.

Mahenoor looked at him, who was already looking into her eyes gently and was caressing her hair with a small smile. For once, she thought of jerking his hand away but she could not do this.

She would never do this.

Most importantly, now she needed this. His care, his gentle touch, his warm gaze, and his assurance that he was fine, Nothing had happened to him and he was with her now and forever.

"Kaisi hain Aap? " Zarar mumbled. He tucked her hair strands behind her ear softly, focusing his gaze on her hair.

Mahenoor did not say anything and continued looking into his brown eyes without blinking.

Meanwhile, Zarar again took a step ahead, lifted his hands, and gently tucked a Red Rose behind her ear. He looked at her and smiled. He always found her the most gorgeous lady in the world.