CHAPTER-THIRTY.FIVE

Chapter-35: Nazron se nazrein mili

☆ ★ ☆

The night made its way to the world and embraced everything under the darkness. The chirping birds went inside their nest. The cold breeze started to roam everywhere from time to time and the moon and stars were shining with each other happily.

And on his usual time, Zarar's black car entered Khan Villa. He hurriedly came out and started to talk inside. The concern and tension was visible on his face. He was taking fast steps while running his hands in his hair stressfully.

He rang the bell and impatiently started to wait for his wife to open the door. He was tapping his shoes on the ground impatiently. And after waiting for a few seconds finally the door opened.

He instantly lifted his face to see that his wife was standing there and looking at him or better to say, glaring at him. Zarar looked down guiltily and rubbed his neck.

"Assalam walaikum." Mahenoor greeted him and shifted from her place for him to enter inside.

"Walaikum assalam. " Zarar muttered and entered inside still rubbing his neck with guilt.

"You go and freshen up, I'll arrange the table for dinner. " Mahenoor said and moved towards the kitchen. Whereas Zarar just looked at her back and sighed. Now he was a hundred percent sure that she was angry with him.

"Lagta hai ab saari zindagi biwi ko roothne manane mein nikl jayegi. " Zarar mumbled and shook his head negatively. He went upstairs to freshen up and to think of any good idea to calm down his angry wife.

After some time he came downstairs and searched for her, who was sitting on one of the tables and waiting for him. Without wasting any other second he went toward the dining table and sat beside her.

Mahenoor sensed his presence but did not look at him out of anger. She silently started to serve him the dishes. Meanwhile, all the time Zarar was glancing at her.

Both were silent and Zarar was hating it. He knew she still did not talk around him but still, she never kept silent like this. She was giving him the silent treatment and he did not like it a bit.

"Mah? " Zarar called her.

No response.

"Noor?" He again called her.

No response.

"Mahenoor?" He softly muttered.

Again silence.