|22| Capitol Update: The Bloodbath - Day 1

Aurelia Tempersmith's P.O.V.

"Hello, Panem!" I greet cheerfully to the camera, "Day one of the arena is done and over with! Man, what an absolutely thrilling and action-packed day it's been. Let's see who the fallen tributes were today!

First we have Kenter Ehrhart! This was probably the most exciting death during the bloodbath, and not to mention the first one! It was definitely something different from what everyone is used to. I don't think I've ever seen someone get drowned and eaten alive by a piranha before!

Next is Aaron Kurchel! I do believe that Finn Vanderloos from District 4 threw a trident into his back. Aaron went to stab Coral while she wasn't watching, but Finn killed him before he could get to her.

After Aaron came a surprising Tanner Hildebrant! Beheaded by his fellow ally! This is the hunger games after all, and alliances don't last forever. He is the only person from our large career alliance that died today.

Then came poor Katerina Aspen. She got a sword stabbed through her chest by Princeton Sterling. Katerina was getting some weapons for her and her allies but didn't have the chance to run away fast enough.

After Katerina came Noah Sacher, also killed by Princeton! He was hiding behind a crate and by the looks of it, he looked absolutely terrified! Princeton killed him before he even has a chance to react.

Right when Noah died, Pepper Glassgo from District 5 took a dagger to the skull.The dagger was thrown by Chance Bellpoint. Pepper dropped what she had and her supplies were soon taken back by the careers.

And last but not least, Holly Bauquemare! I have to admit, her death was pretty tragic. She was killed by Princeton several hours after the bloodbath. That means that Princeton has killed three of the seven fallen tributes—almost half! He found her while he was out and about searching for tributes. He then spotted her and threw a knife at her stomach when Kostas wasn't looking. Holly then asked her brother to sing her a song. She died in Kostas' arms while he was singing.

Now we have some more news! Crystal and Pearl from District 1 along with Phoenix from District 2 have left the career pack! But so far, only Princeton knows about it. That is why he was out searching for them when he ran into Holly.

Now we have eight alliances left! We have—

Pearl and Crystal from District 1 and Phoenix from District 2.

Velvet, Rust and Princeton from District 1 along with Finn Vanderloos from District 4 and Chance Bellpoint from District 6.

And of course, we have our two sets of love birds. Emerald and Kristoff from District 4 and then Jess from District 6 paired with Cassidy from District 5.

We also have the sisters, Aqua and Coral from District 4.

All of District 3 seemed to have made it out of the bloodbath alive, so there's Mia, Summer, Elsie, Chip and Beetee.

We have the alliance of four which is now down to only two. Vanellope from District 6 and Hope from District 5.

Last but not least are Artemis from District 5 and Kostas from District 2. Neither of them have allies.

Now, the game makers are creating mutts to enter the arena during day three, granted that there will be one. We would like you, the Capitol citizens, to vote for your favorite.

1.) A six foot white wolf with razor sharp teeth. They could rip the tributes to shreds if they find them.

2.) A great black bear that cannot be killed with weapons. If this option is chosen, only three of them will go into the arena.

3.) Wild dogs that run very quickly and look human. They can eat the tributes alive.

Well, that's it for now folks! My name is Aurelia Tempersmith, and this has been your Capitol Update."

↞↠

Recap of Day 1 Deaths:

-Holly Bauquemare, District 2

-Noah Sacher, District 2

-Tanner Hildebrant, District 2

-Katerina Aspen, District 5

-Pepper Glassgo, District 5

-Aaron Kurchel, District 6

-Kenter Ehrhart, District 6