|29| The Games: Day 5

Kristoffer's P.O.V. (D4)

I feel pain all throughout my body. Groaning at the feel of my sore limbs, I open my eyes and see the sun beginning to rise. As I rub my eyes to adjust to my surroundings, I freeze as I realize that Emerald isn't with me. I launch up immediately and ignore the pain that shoots through my body.

"Emerald!" I yell.

Where on earth is she?

I hear the sound of leaves rustling behind a tree. I dash over to it and I see Emerald on the ground, her whole body shivering.

"Oh my god, Em!" She's in a worse condition than I am. She has a deep gash in her lower arm and her ankle is twisted the wrong way. She also has a gash in her forehead with dried blood splattered across her face.

I grab my pack to see what I can find. I have a pint of water, a little less than a spoonful of healing cream, and some bandage wrap.

Emerald is unconscious still but she has a frown on her face and furrowed eyebrows. I clearly remember the intense battle that she and Velvet were in.

Everybody, and I mean everybody, got injured yesterday. It was inescapable. I saw Princeton with one arm, a kid from 3 with a knife lodged in his side, Velvet with gashes and arrows all over her body, and that's just the beginning.

I gently rub off the blood on Emerald's head and wrap a bandage over it. I do the same with her arm. I can't do anything about her ankle though. I sigh in discontentment.

I pick her up and place her against a tree. The only thing we can do now is wait for the last two people to die.

↞↠

Beetee's P.O.V. (D3)

I cringe in pain as Mia and Elsie try to heal me. I have a knife in my side and there's no way we can get it out. If they take it out, then I'll bleed to death. Mia sighs in frustration.

"Why would you do that, Beetee? That knife is supposed to be stuck in my side, not yours!"

That's right, I remember now. There was a knife coming her way and I pushed Mia down to the ground. I don't have a response, so I remain quiet.

"Guys!" Elsie whispers to us, panicked. "My dad said that the careers aren't far! They're gonna—"

"Well, well, well...what do we have here? The rebel, the freak, and the nerd. Wow, what a mix! Funny running into you again!" I whip around and see the last three careers standing right in front of us. As arrogant as they sound, they don't look all that great. Princeton has only one arm, Chance has a huge gash in the back of his leg, and Velvet, well, I don't even know where to begin.

"Mia! Elsie! Get out of here!" I hiss at them.

"No," Mia says, "How about you sick careers get outta here! I've had enough of you!" She screams at them. Velvet just smirks and they start making their way over.

"Mia, please." I beg.

"But—"

"Please."

Mia starts to tear up, yet her face remains confident. She grabs her weapons and grab's Elsie's wrist tightly before running away from here. Elsie yelps as they begin sprinting in the opposite direction.

"Get those twerps!" Velvet yells. Princeton and Chance slowly wobble after them. After about a minute, Velvet looks down at me and smiles.

"Hello there!" she purrs, "I haven't had a decent kill in a while." Velvet violently yanks the knife out of my side, and I immediately feel the blood gushing out of my body. Using that same knife, she begins tracing patterns over my face, drawing even more blood.