45. Back Home

You were in the hospital for the next seven days, your parents visiting you in the hospital nearly every one of them when other people weren't asking to see you.

The next group who visited you consisted of a shy and sweet Kouda, Aoyama with a cheese platter to share, Hagukure who was so excited to bring you a signed card from the class, and Oijirou who apologised for not taking the time to talk to you very much throughout the year. They were sure to pinch some hospital juice, make conversation but left you to rest soon after.

The following day, Mineta, Satou, Shouji, Tokoyami and Tsui walked through the hospital door after school. They brought cake to share and it was absolutely drool worthy. Mineta was sure to make a comment that you looked as good as ever and it was the first time he's done so with little creepiness in his tone. Momo, Sento, Jirou, and Kaminari had arrived later that day. Kaminari had apologised for giving you a hard time sometimes. He admitted that he tended to annoy his friends and was glad he'd have the chance to actually catch up when you were back. The others were sure to mention that they would be there to supervise with a laugh. 

Ururaka, Izuku (again), and Iida had arrived together the following morning. They brought school work, Iida iterating "How valuable this time away from your classes could be for your studies". They had studied with you most of the day, and caught you up on what you had missed. Ururaka had given your hand a gentle squeeze when she left with a few words 

"I'm glad we have more time to become better friends (Y/N). I'm sorry I was unfair to you at the start of the year".

You were sure to visit Olly, and he was very excited to see you well! His rainbow eyes had glistened with joy as he pulled open the door to be met by you with one of your pocky packets. He also was sure to tell you all about how Mirio, the Lemillion had visited him to talk to him about how losing his quirk didn't mean he would lose himself, and of course that he was going to have a playdate with Eri. 

You had even dropped a tray of food when there was a knock at your door followed up by dirty blond tough of hair decorated with glaase peeking through. Hawks himself poked through the the gap. He had given a warm chuckle and formally introduced himself before helping you clean up the mess. Your idolised hero had even suggested you do some placement in his agency since you missed out the previous year. You had sworn you almost stopped breathing but his warm laugh brought you back to the room. 

Even Mikiyori from your old school stopped by and said 'hi' to you and your parents with some McDonalds for the both of you, and your folks too. 

Bakugou however, never once walked through that doorway...

And now, you find yourself walking through the UA gates, waving to your parents with a big smile on your face. They agreed they would catch up with you after some time back at school. 

Finally, I'm going to be sleeping in my comfy bed, and back at the dorms with my friends.

You begin to jog at the thought, dragging behind your suitcase of teddies and things people dropped off for you. It pulls you back to that first day you dragged your suitcase to the dorms. You were so not prepared for the next few months. And in a similar way to your first day, you pause at the doorway to the dorms.

I have no idea what to say to Katsuki when I see him.

To be frank, between how often people were visiting and your slow recovery, you were pulled into sleep easily in the hospital. You had been grateful, because it meant you weren't constantly dwelling on the fact Bakugou hadn't visited. But now, in this quiet moment to yourself, it is absolutely all you can think about. 

Did I imagine the kiss? Surely I wasn't that exhausted

Your fingers gently reach for your lips before you loose a sigh. As your hand curls up, you grip at your suitcase and you can feel the sweat forming along the handle as nerves find a place in your stomach. With a deep breath, you straighten up and open the doors to the building you call home.