17.Lemilion

Your eyes trail along the words engraved in the pages of your text book, at the new desk in your room.

You'd decided studying near your friends is a distraction...

In fact, you've barely talked to them since the day you found out exams were happening despite Kirishima and Izuku's regular attempts to get your attention or even Bakugou's ridicules for not training with him. You even literally told Mina to talk to the hand...

I need to focus on school...

To be honest. You want to be the one who tops the second year heroes in training exams. You want to see your ranking in the number one spot... So you have but one idea to get the one up on your classmates.

With haste, you fling your backpack on to your shoulder and trek down the stairs to the common room. The first obstacle you spot is the study group, spread around the table.

"(Y/n)." Kirishima smiles, standing when he notices you.

Almost too quickly, he walks around the table and makes his way to you.

Mina, Sero, Denki and Jirou peer up from their books as he does.

"Can we talk?" He questions while his eyes examines your backpack.

You smile. "If you can keep up." Everyone except Mina turns back to their books.

Kirishima scratches at his pointy hair and crinkles his eyebrows in thought as he trails behind you towards the door.

The sensation of the sun hugging your skin is absolutely amazing as you step out of the campus building. The weather confusing, since gray clouds tear white ones from their thrones. The sun however, still stands above it all, awaiting the weather change.

"Are you avoiding me after what I said the other day?" His voice changes, the door closing behind him.

You turn to him, your eyes focusing on his. "What? Of course not" You smile, but keep walking. "It just made me realize I need focus on my goals more."

The red headed boy smiles halfheartedly at you and stops walking.

"I didn't mean to ruin what you had going on is all" He says, his body turning around, before jogging up the campus stairs. 

His broken voice makes you stop, but the door closes behind him before you have time to reply.

Kirishima...

You swallow your words, and turn your attention back to UA.

It's Sunday, and Izuku isn't in the campus building. You learnt why this is rather quickly and it would finally become advantageous to you.

So... Let's go buy some lunch.

You stick in your headphones and step out of UA grounds, towards the bus stop down the road.

                     ●●●《》●●●

When you step of the bus, chatter rings through your ears. Music and laughter echoes down the street. Screens glow bright colors through windows and a flower painted building up ahead catches your attention.

Imprinted on the sign above it, is the 'Lion Cafe'. Typical...

Casually, you walk past the restaurant, glance up through the window, and cross the road to the park bench a hundred meters or so down the street.

Izuku's unmistakable messy hair, was at the counter, gratefully taking a plate of sweets.

While you wait, you pull a textbook from your bag and delve into your books. You'd be waiting there for at least an hour...