46. Be Manly About It

When sunlight warms your skin and your eyes dare peak open in the morning, you can't help but smile. You think you might have just had one of the most restful sleeps in your entire life.

So warm.

With a few long breaths, you freeze as you remember why. Your eyes trail slowly down to your stomach where they fall on a muscle defined arm and the calloused hand gripped tightly around you waist. You can feel the gentle breath that warms the back of your neck and the slow rising and falling of a chest tightly pressed up against your back.

Oh my god. I fell asleep...

You gently stir, trying to examine the physical evidence behind you, but your free hand stops moving as you feel a tightening around it. With a quick glance, you notice Bakugou's free arm wrapped under your pillow, and his hand instinctively had reached for yours as you stirred to move.

"Fuck off. It's warm" He grumbles. You smirk to yourself before trying to tilt your head back to face the blond boy behind you.

"Katsuki, we fell asleep" You murmur as your eyes finally fall on his sleepy face. With his eyes closed shut, and his lips parted, his features look unusually soft. You can't help but realise how peaceful he looks.

"Shut up nerd. I'm still sleeping" He grumbles in response.

"You know we'd get in so much trouble" You begin and Bakugou only pulls you closer, gripping tightly at the back of your singlet as you roll over. It sends the butterflies in your stomach absolutely soaring. "I'm not meant to be here Katsuki" You whisper, your face a mere few inches from his.

Bakugou's eyes flutter open at this, his captivating red eyes meeting yours. Warmth spreads across your cheeks, and for maybe the first time, you see faint shades of pink paint Bakugou's. "(Y/N), this is exactly where we're meant to be."

A small smile decorates your lips, and the sleepiness still washed over Bakugou stops him from even realising what he had just said. His usual fiery response to saying anything remotely sweet doesn't follow.

"Admit it nerd. You couldn't sleep until I had my arms wrapped around you."

Is this a dream? You can't help but think it to yourself. Bakugou's soft tone, and the warmth of him wrapped around you are foreign, new. You didn't think you would ever find yourself here. Then again, you had always found yourself thinking of him, always drawn to challenging him, or just being around him. This time isn't a daydream.

"Tch. Your silence is proof" He smiles his sleepy eyes struggling to stay open. His scoff has little energy behind it.

"Shut up Katsuki, You're ruining the moment" You chuckle, admiring his features all the while.

Bakugou immediately stirs from his comfy spot, and in a swift motion, you are on your back, Bakugou's unkept hair, and wide smile above you. His arm is besides you, pinning you in place.

"Oh yeah, what if I kissed you again?" His eyes immediately glance to your lips.

Your chest rises and falls as you try to catch your breath.

Oh god.

The night he kissed you flashes into your mind as he pulled you into him. He was passionate, desperate to have you close to him, and it felt so right. It had taken you both so long to get there, and now, Bakugou stares down at you, that passion you noted the first day you met him, burning like wildfire in his eyes.

"You've looked at me like that since I first saw you" You whisper.

He pauses, and you can't help but notice the slight trembling in Bakugou's arm besides you. "Back then I... Well I-"