21. Free For All

"Damn it!"

You scream across the gym as you pull yourself up from the wall. Quickly, you push yourself into a steady sprint. Before you can think, your fist is flying through the air, at least until it's caught, bent, and pushed to the floor. You let out a low growl and stare at the floor hopelessly before attempting to swing your other arm around into the boy behind you.

"I'm pretty sure you can't do anything in this position (Y/n)" Mirio chuckles out as he grips at your arm.

You let out a drained sigh and he releases you, aware of your surrender.

It has been a month of uninterrupted schooling, studying and training for not only you, but your classmates too. After Bakugou's birthday ,you all made a non-verbal agreement to leave everyone to get ready, and you... You know you've worked harder than most of your class.

"Mirio. It's the day of exams and I still can't beat you in hand to hand combat." You reach for your arm and begin gently massaging it.

"No... But! You have made it very clear that you can out do me with the use of your quirk." He laughs.

Yeah, I only proved that after four weeks of training...

You turn to him and pull up a smile, before pushing off of the floor and reaching out your hand.

"Thank you for the many lessons" You let out quietly. It doesn't need to be so gentle, but you know you sound sincere and so does Mirio.

He reaches out his hand and grips onto yours.

"We're not done." He grins and winks at you before making for the door. "I'll see you tomorrow." He yells across the room when he does indeed reach the gym door.

"What?" You stare at his back, confused and perplexed. "But exams are today?"

"Doesn't mean we have to stop training. It's fun kicking your butt." He chuckles "Good luck! Show them what a hero can do!" He beams before disappearing out the door.

You only smile to yourself and pull your training bag from the floor.

Number one spot. That's the goal...

●●●《》●●●

All of 1A look nervous as you walk side by side through the UA halls towards the exam center.

1B are up ahead, and of course Monoma is laughing outrageously about how they're prepared to their fullest.

You turn to your side to see Izuku, gnawing at his lip and besides him, Kirishima is wearing a stern face of concentration. Your attention changes quickly when your shoulder is bumped.

Your eyes dart towards Bakugou who is standing on the other side of you.

"Stop being so paranoid. The stupid test won't be that hard." Sero quickly turns to him and lets out a few mumbles before turning back to the rest of the crowd.

"What did you say sticky arms!"

You chuckle at the name but turn your attention back to Izuku.

"You'll do wonderfully Izuku."

His terrified, glimmering, green eyes peer into your and he only gulps.

"I heard mention of what the practical exam might be (Y/n)..." He stutters, turning to the floor.

"What? What did you hear?" You examine his nervous state and quickly realize, you should be experiencing the same sensations.

"Izuku?" You whisper harshly, trying to emphasise that you want to know.