22. Worthy of Celebrations

After two days have passed, you find yourself sprinting down the halls of UA, your breath heavy and knots unraveling in your stomach. You reach out your hand towards a pole to help you turn the next corner without slowing. A familiar pair of people catch your attention as you do.

Kirishima and Mina both turn their heads as the sound of your racing feet catches their attention.

They're undeniably going to the same place you are.

"Come on ya bloody slow pokes!" You yell as you reach them. When you do, you don't fail to reach out your hand and intertwine your fingers with Krishima's to pull him along. You don't stop running as he let's out a gasp.

"Woah!" He stutters while he forces himself to sprint to keep up with you.

"Alright, alright." He laughs without letting go of your hand as you make for the next bend.

Mina only smiles deviously at the sight.

You smile at Kirishima when Momo, Izuku, Shouto and Katsuki come into sight. Tetsu Testsu from 1B is also staring up at the large piece of paper placed on the wall along with your few class mates.

The exam results...

You let go of Kirishima, and he watches your sudden slow movement as you walk towards the piece of paper. He notices the slight tremble in your hand and the tiny movement of your cheek as you bite at it nervously.

He then walks along side you.

Bakugou quickly turns to you both and his cold red eyes bore into you before he let's out a scoff and turns down the hall towards class.You're almost oblivious to him when you stop besides a smiling Izuku, your eyes beginning to trail up the list of names for the written exam.

When your reach your own name, you lets out a slight noise without meaning to.

"Fifth spot out of both classes. That's amazing (Y/n)!" Kirishima beams and smiles at you.

Izuku's soft voice quickly catches your attention.

"Take a look at the practical exam results" He smiles and your eyes trail up to the next piece of paper.

Your name is the first you see, for good reason too...

Your name's at the top of the list.

"Holy shit!" As the words come from your parted lips, you quickly rise your hand to your mouth.

"Sorry. I think I've been hanging out with Katsuki too much."

Kirishima and Izuku both raise an eyebrow at you. Your red headed friend is the first to speak.

"Katsuki?" He questions teasingly.

You turn to him and your cheeks grow slightly red.

"You're using first name's now?" He smiles and you turn back to the scores.

"Just let me have this moment Kirishima." You laugh awkwardly.

Izuku smiles his innocent smile at you.

"I'll beat you next time (Y/n)"

●●●《》●●●

When 1A walks back to the dorms from school, after Aizawa's congratulations and ridicules, Bakugou, walking way ahead of the crowd sends your stomach churning.

He's annoyed...

You smile at Mina who is walking next to her.

"I'll talk to you later Mina. Ka- Bakugou looks like he needs a friend."