14. The Lost Luna...

"God...," I hiss, struggling to maintain my unconscious. I felt dead. Like literally dead.

After -god knows how long- I had awakened, nausea hovering above of me like a hawk, ready to peck every single strand of life from me. I found myself laying flat, back in Damon's depressing black and white room. In his bed, under his sheets.

My head was resting on a soft yet high pillow, that aided me spotting the IV cord that had attached itself to my inner forearm. My head throbbed from the remainder of the headache I had faced in the kitchen.

Facing up to the ceiling I curse with all my might, hoping someone would take me out of my damn misery. Surprising, I hear the door swing open with the sight of Leila carrying in a tray that held only one single glass of orange juice.

She eyes me curiously with her lips perfectly aligned. "What language is that?"

"French," I sigh. "I'm sorry. I don't usually swear but I swear this headache's murdering me."

She smiles, revealing her perfect Cupid's Bow. "Don't worry. I hear a lot more than just swearing, you know. Anyway, you're lucky I'd say."

I immediately dart my eyes at her.

"Why is that? Are you stuck with a murderous, rampaging, untrustworthy Mate who god knows how became an Alpha and is captain control freak?" I snort while rubbing my eyelids.

"No, at least you have a second language in which -Id guess- you're pretty good. I've always wanted to learn French instead of Italian." She places the tray by my bedside, dismissing my harsh words.

"Excuse me. I've always wanted to learn Italian!" I exclaim, making her raise an eye.

"Well, now you have an Mate who knows runs an Italian pack, so I guess God dealt with that," she shrugged, making me frown at her.

"Not funny Leila." I roll my eyes.

"Okay fine. Sorry my Luna." She smiles warmly. "Here let me help you up. The doctor said you'd need all the Vitamins C you get, after what happened."

She doesn't utter another word about what happened while helping me against the bed board. To some extend I'm grateful but to some I'm not. I somehow wiggle up with her help, feeling like crap. She holds the glass, placing it to my hand, ushering me to gulp it down instantly. "Oh calm down Leila! I'm drinking, I'm drinking!"

I gulp it down, forcing it down my dry throat into the lowest pit of my stomach. It's bittersweet aftertaste makes my face twist as if I had sucked on a lemon, making Leila giggle childishly.

"I swear, that was most sourest thing I've ever shoved down my throat!" I state, and after realizing how wrong it sounded I cringe but she didn't seem to notice, leading me to rethink about how innocent she truly is.

"Well, you needed it." She scolds me. I gesture with my head to the empty area by my bedside. She reluctantly takes the spot, fiddling with the sheets in front of her. She didn't know what to say and neither did I, leading to an awkward silence beginning to settle in.

"What happened to me Leila?" I blurt out, causing her spine to stiffen. She pinches her lip together as if she's resisting on something, avoiding my eyes. "Please? I need to know."