35. At The Strike of Midnight...

"Alpha Damon and Luna Nora. Your room number will be  2024, one of our finest suite of the building, promptly prepared to your accommodations, and will be directly be at the end of the hallway. Proceed with Taylor here and he shall show you both to your suite. Have a good day Alpha and Luna." The manager greeted with a firm nod to the escort. Taylor -following his manager's movement, dipped his golden head to the point where his back could've cracked.

Mumbling back a quick reply, I hurried to follow Damon and Taylor already heading down the gleaming and well polished corridor. Large brown tiles traced with black and outlined with larger white squares reflected the contrasting marble covered walls. About every metre away was a darkly royal-style, french candle chandelier dangling overhead, which I only recall seeing from my old history textbooks. Besides the small decorative pieces adorning the sides, there wasnt much in the hall.

The elevator chimed, and we all lined in with a good distance away from each other. It was as big any other thing else in this hotel. I've been on many Alpha business trip with my brothers, but never have I ever seen any hotel as grand or luxurious as this place.

Despite for its warm welcoming workers, there was a solemn and silent atmosphere, almost mysterious, if not eerie vibe. Like the walls watched hungrily or like having eyes set on your every move. It was as if all the secrets this place held, were compressed into the walls to be forgotten. The thought alone of such a thing sent chills down my spine. The thought of something lurking around every corner. Something wasn't right about this place.

The chiming of the elevator instantly brought back my attention. I don't know why, but when I looked up, my eyes caught Damon glaring at Taylor. Taylor seemed to be carelessly smirking in my way, and that only kept enraging Damon. Exchanging glances, I sigh. To avoid this murderous mess of holding my Mate back from murder, I charge out of the elevator shaft and down the hall with both of them on my trail far behind, throwing daggering glances at each other. 

Taylor overtook me before we could reach the door to open it, winking at me on my way in. My face tightens into a frown, and Damon takes notice. 

"Good day Luna, Alpha." He bowed, his lips tugging at the corner. "Hope you both enjoy your stay-" "We will when you decided to leave." Damon pressed flatly, ignoring the fact he mentioned Luna before Alpha. Maybe Leila was right about outsiders being clueless to Damon's Pack's ways. The mentioned of her name churned my stomach.

Taylor left directly afterwards without a word and final bow. Relived of his departure, I decided to skim over the room and amazingly, found myself at awe. The suite was immensely larger than I figured. It was close to the bedroom back home, but just slightly bigger in comparison. The walls were a deep brown with white borders edging the ceiling and floors. There was a full thick sofa set and office desk cornered in one side of the room with the dresser, cupboards on the other.

The bed was on a risen platform on the middle with about 3 steps to climb to reach the top and white pillars planted at each corner, adorned with the softest of fabrics parted at the each side. Damon removed his phone from his pocket and began dialling numbers, heading towards the patio.

I advance towards the furthest corner to see a mannequin draped in the most striking, fiery dress. It had somewhat a romper with full sleeves and a plunging v shape neck, interlocked with straps over crossing each other creating Xs. "What is this?" I ask, gesturing at the dress as Damon strode back in from the patio.

He looked from me to the dress. "That last I thought you girls call it a dress. You know, something meant to cover your body with while yet displaying your legs and other stuff."

"Even I can see that, Im not blind. I meant, why is it here?"

"For heaven's sake, don't tell me you werent planning on wearing that sweater for News Year were you?" His accusation stung.

Pleasing the Heartless Alpha...जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें