39. The CommonWealth Games...

The evening sun fall was streaking a beautiful contrast golden with red and orange over the tips of the large trees. It was a beautiful sight Id love to stay and acknowledge but the sight of it today brought nothing but dread.

Turns out fighting everyone female who chose to defy my position wasn't the only thing I was compelled do it. Watching Damon viciously slaughter and tear each man to shreds was an unknown clause I wasn't aware of, that not one found significant enough to inform me.

Hunter was nice to shed some more insight to this all. He explained how if some female took me down, that specific female would be crowned Luna and Id drop to the lowest Omega position despite being the Alpha's Mate.

On the other hand, if some Male were to take the Alpha aka Damon down, it would perish the whole Ranking system and everyone within each rank would be released from their assigned seats. Everyone -the males, then would be challenging one another for their titles. Even the ones which work at divided Pack Houses could oppose each other's status. Hunter explained how this would reset everything and how if you were lucky not to be challenged, you stay at your position. Not likely, Hunter had snorted.

So this was like the giant reset button you could say. It could inflict utter chaos and destruction to the Pack, but since ranks could unlikely be demolished, who cares? We could die but meh. Whatever, just a life. Not one being considered the stake they were playing at. RedBlood Pack typical.

We were at the stadium at the training center. Every seat was taken for, the spotlights too bright, enough to strain and cause temporary blindness and the roaring of the crowd deafening to ones ears.

I watched glimpses of Damon's attacks, coldly instant and calculated for slashes of his talons but never could this satisfy my inner dread pooling in the pit of my stomach.

Despite his intention of cold murder with every savagery blow, he went easy and only disarmed his friends. First was Kaden -who was sent sprawling into the walls the second he ran to him, then Carter -who suffered a blow to his temple with Damon's elbow when trying to headlock him, afterwards Jace -a slice of Damon's claws to both calves, following Hunter -kneading his side savagely, and Antonio at last but bloodiest, canines to his knees.

Could've suffered worse, June yawned, clearly unamused from the sight of such brutally. I wouldn't have left him with his two legs if I had the chance with him.

The crowd was screaming with delight no less, clapping and shrieking on their glorious Alpha as he stood before them stained in several others blood, -including his own friends, fisting the hand with his Pack's brand highly. I release my breathe which I was unaware of holding. Damon's secured the Alpha position. And in under 5 minutes and over about hundred and fifty competitors.

No breaking of his feudal system today. Guess we're stuck with him, I gulp from the thought. He wore no shirt, only regular black pants -now tattered with holes but he shun it no less than any battle wear worn to war, pounding the air with his blood dripping fist.

A hand shakes my shoulder and I rise to see Leila all shaken up and puffy eyed. "It's time my Luna."

I nod, gesturing for her to go first with me behind. I was given tickets to front row seats to this horror despite my consist protest and excuses. Doing the this best I could to contain my barfing to myself and fainting subside, I squeezed my eyes shut at the bloodiest part to keep the visual from getting committed to memory. Judging the on the crowds rise of moans and groans, it couldn't have been any prettier than I imagined.

I followed Leila down the internal corridors of the stadium to entrance where I had saw Damon appear. The halls were clear while I untied my black cloak draped over my shoulders. The icy breeze bit at my skin instantly.