31. The Cruelty Of The Alpha...

"Hey my Luna, everything okay?" Leila injuries, grabbing the ziplock full of sandwiches from the countertop behind, double checking the seal well before slipping it into the basket.

"Huh? Sorry, sort of zoned out," I confess, cupping my head heavily. Sighing, I lower my head on to the island table afterwards.

"If you're feeling unwell, you don't have to go," She looked at me with a concerned filled look.

Leila had filled me in on some of the females from the closet Pack house, who were wanting to go on a picnic since the past month but due to unfavorable weather conditions couldn't til today. Since Leila had other Omega friends in the nearby neighbouring Pack houses she was always filled in with the top and freshest news of the Pack.

"I'm okay," I mumble, my voice getting muffled by the sleeve of my sweater. Since yesterday, my mind has been consumed entirely by one thing, and one thing alone. It was like having a piece of your mind rotten to the core.

The flashes of pain I got from recalling the images of Damon with Stephanie bundled in his arms, sucking at each other's face, internally gnawed at me. After seeing them yesterday, I ended up crying myself to sleep but awoke just in time to get some of Leila's famous zucchini tomato pasta fresh from the pot.

Damon had disappeared like always, making the pain no less. After dinner alone with Leila like always, -she never asked questions- I went back to the spare room with my hopes no less than before, crying myself to sleep again in the end.

Rubbing my eyes awfully dry, "What could go wrong?" I say.
....

After aiding Leila with filling the basket to its peak, I go back to my spare room for a long, cold depressing shower. It was next to impossible to hear a werewolf being depressed but I guess in my case, it wasn't anymore. I felt the pain from the cut I had made, directing above the area where Damon had previously healed, began to go numb from the sharp tips of water.

I knew I promised my brothers Id never even think of cutting, even in the most drastic situations, but the pain was seriously to much to bear. As I done it, I thought for a stupid second, he'd come back to check up on me.

When I realized he indeed was never coming, with the blood oozing from my back, I stared questioningly at the Moon hanging lowly in the dark sky from out the window.

I had once heard Mates could feel their Mate's emotions, thoughts, and desires but it wasn't a surprise, I kept getting proven wrong whenever it came to Mates. Maybe I wasn't on Damon's list of priorities after all. Maybe I wasn't good enough for being one.

Slipping on an oversized creme coloured sweater with a heavy pastel grey scarf, specially to conceal my mark alone- with black tights and knee high brown boots, I return to my dresser and bring out the old tattered diary and flip to the second entry.

July 21st

Dear Diary,

I knows it been only two weeks since Ive last written but everything's changed in these same two weeks and its so hard for me to just express it in words.

Writings always been my thing since a kid but for the first time, I dont even know how to start. After meeting Rocco's dad (his mother died when he was 4), he started pressurising Rocco to mark and mate as fast as possible before the appearance to the Pack. Even though, Rocco never uttered a word to me and nor did his dad say anything to me, I could see their relationship deteriorating.