𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖋𝖔𝖚𝖗

"Come on, urchin! WAKEY WAKEY!"  

I wake up to being physically shaken. My eyes slowly open, and the first thing I see is Lucifer standing over me, being the prime suspect to disturbing my slumber.

"Alright, alright—I'm up," I say groggily, sitting up and rubbing my eyes. 

"Today I have to go to work. Maze is going to stay here and watch you, so don't do anything stupid."

I nod at his statement, "You work?" 

"Yes, I do. I'm a civilian consultant for the LAPD," Lucifer says proudly. 

I could see a smile starting to form on his face, seemingly happy talking about his job.

"That's really cool!" 

His face turns cold again. "I know." 

Lucifer turns around, grabbing his blazer, keys, and flask. He then steps into the elevator and presses a button. 

"Farewell offspring. Don't get in any trouble!" Lucifer exclaims as the elevator door closes. 

Offspring, urchin? Those are new.

[ ]

It's been about an hour since my father left. All I've been doing is sitting on the couch, and I'm awfully bored. 

There is a huge, black screen on top of the fireplace. Having no idea what it is made me curious. I then see a remote control of some sort. I press the red power button and am startled by the black screen playing a video. I'm more curious, so I begin pressing the different buttons on the remote, which played other videos with each press. I look at the controller and see that Television Remote is engraved on the back. 

Television...? How interesting. 

I push the power button again, and the television immediately turns off. 

I get up from the couch and decide on exploring my father's home home. I first go to his room. Lucifer would never let me go in there if he were here, so I might as well take the opportunity. I look around the vast bedroom and immediately spot a picture sitting on his dresser. I pick up the frame stare at the photograph. It's of Lucifer and a woman I don't recognize. I examine her face and automatically see that she's very beautiful. Maybe this is his girlfriend? Ha! Who am I kidding? Lucifer is too heartless to love anyone. I gently set the picture back in its place and continue to search other parts of the penthouse.

[ ]

I had been exploring for hours, and I grew bored of that activity. I sat back on the couch and decided to watch something on the television. Suddenly, I hear a ding  coming from the elevator. I turn my attention to the noise and see Mazikeen walking into the penthouse. 

"I see you learned how to use the TV." 

I give her a look of confusion, "This is a television." 

Maze rolls her eyes. "TV and television is the same thing." 

"Oh..."  

"So, wanna go out?" Maze asks. 

"I thought I wasn't–" 

"Lucifer said you couldn't go out without attendance," She interrupts me, smirking. 

My eyes light up in excitement. "Alright, let's go!" 

I race to get ready, doing all of my hygienic care and then changing back into the clothes I was wearing previously. I walk back to the main room and Mazikeen looks at me, shaking her head. 

"No," She states disapprovingly. "I'll give you some real clothes to wear." 

Maze leaves out of sight for a couple of minutes. I wait on the couch until she back into view, holding some clothes and a pair of shoes in her hand. Maze throws the items at me, and I catch it with ease. 

"Thank you." 

She nods, and I go back to the bathroom to change. Once I putting on the new clothes, I look at myself in the mirror. For once in my existence, I felt confident and happy in my own skin. 

[OUTFIT BELOW]

I walk out of the bathroom and head back to the living area. Maze looks me up and down. 

"Wow," She admires. "Maybe I should be a stylist instead of Hell's best torturer," She says confidently. 

"I mean, anything would be better than being a torturer–" 

"I don't have time for this back and forth. Come on, let's go," Mazikeen interrupts.

I sigh, following her into the elevator.