𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖋𝖔𝖗𝖙𝖞-𝖊𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙

Brian pulls up to the senior parking lot and parks in any available space that's closest to the gym. Once the car stopped, Brian takes the key out of the ignition.

"Don't get out of the car yet, just wait there."

I stay quiet and do as told. Brian gets out of the car and heads over to my side of it, opening the door for me. He lends me a hand, and I take it as I step out of the vehicle. Once Brian locks the car, we walk over to the gym's entrance.

"Have fun, guys!" Dan says, driving by.

Brian and I thank Dan as he drives off. We then make our way towards the booming music that could be heard from miles away. Once we arrived at the check-in booth, Brian hands the tickets to, who I'm guessing is a teacher. She let us through the well-decorated entrance, where black and white balloons acted as arches leading to the dance.

"Wow," I mouth.

When we're inside the gym, I can immediately feel the stares of everyone there.

"What do you think?" Brian questions.

I take a peer around the room.

"I've never seen anything like it. It's like Lux, but the people dancing aren't as sweaty and drunk."

"I hate to break it to you, but probably half of the people here are drunk. Well, they will be by the end of the night."

I giggle as we walk over to Brian's group of friends, that of which including Ethan, Noel, and most of the football team. Once I greet them, The Watson Twins, Alisa, and Sam approach me.

"Yvi, you look stunning," Sam compliments.

"Aw, thank you Sam. You don't look too bad yourself," I blush.

"Yeah, you look beautiful as always," Sasha gushes.

"Thank you guys," I say to the girls. "So, did you end up taking Sam to the dance?"

"Yeah. He picked us up," Alisa answers.

I nod as I scan around the room out of curiosity. It really is like the movies and books.

"Hey, earth to Yvi," Kala jokes. "Come on, let's go get some drinks."

I comply, walking with Kala to the bar to get some refreshments.

"Two cokes please," Kala tells the bartender. She then turns to me. "So, how was your day?"

I groan.

"At first, it was kind of sucky, but now I feel better."

"Is it because of the whole Orlando situation?"

"Mostly, yeah."

The bartender hands us our drinks, and we sit at a table to enjoy the beverages.

"Orlando's just being moody. I know that he'll warm up to you eventually."

I nod, taking a sip of my Cola.

"He and I exchanged words before he left with Audrey today," I begin.

"And..."

"And... he said I looked beautiful."

Kala's face begins to light up in excitement.

"See, I know he would talk to you eventually," Kala smiles. Her smile begins to fade as something's distracting her. "Speak of the devil."

I turn around in my chair to see Orlando and Aubrey walking into the gym's entrance, hand in hand. I roll my eyes and turn back around.