𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖊𝖑𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓

After Chloe parks on the sidewalk, we all walk up to the apartment complex, overlooking the alleyway where Mr. Braxton's body was found. Chloe presses a button that has Braxton engraved aside it. 

"Hello, who's this?" A female voice asks from the intercom. 

"I'm Detective Decker, from the LAPD. I need to ask you a few questions, Mrs. Braxton." 

Moments later, a faint buzzing sound is heard, and the front door unlocks. We step inside the complex and walk up two flights of stairs to reach the Braxton's residency. We instantly see the apartment's front door wide open, with a relatively attractive young woman smiling widely at us. I immediately notice my father's attention solely on her. Typically Lucifer.

"Hello Detectives, I'm Jessica," Mrs. Braxton shakes our hands. 

"I'm Detective Decker. This is my partner Lucifer and my trainee, Yvi." 

Jessica turns her attention to Lucifer and immediately swoons over him. "Well—nice to meet you, Lucifer," She shyly states. 

"The pleasure is all mine, Mrs. Braxton."

Chloe and I roll our eyes. The Detective coughs as a way to get their attention. "Mrs. Braxton, may we come in?" 

She nods and steps aside so we can walk into the residency.

"Forgive me for the mess—my daughter forgot to clean up her toys." Mrs. Braxton laughs off. "Please, take a seat."

She directs us to the dining table, and we all sit down. 

"So, Mrs. Braxton. As you know, your husband has been murdered. We found some new injuries on your spouse's body that can be key to solving his murder," Chloe pauses. "His autopsy report concludes that with multiple stab wounds and strangulation marks, most of his bones were fractured—as if he'd fallen from a high drop post-mortem." 

Mrs. Bratxon's eyes widen. "I don't understand, Detective."

"We think that your husband's body could've been thrown—perhaps from a balcony or window. A few of your apartment's windows open up to the alleyway." 

"You don't think that I–" 

"No, I'm are not saying that. I just find it merely a coincidence, that is all," Chloe interrupts. 

"I mean—I was at work during the supposed time of the murder. I usually work night shifts while Tim works the day shifts." 

"So, Mrs. Braxton, you're telling us that you left your seven-year-old daughter at home, alone?" I question. 

"No, she was at a friend's house," She responds. 

"Ma'am, I was passing the alleyway before your husband was killed. I saw your daughter peeking from the window—she was definitely home." 

Jessica stays silent. 

"Sorry, but do you have a restroom I can use?" I ask. 

"Uh, s–sure! Go down the hall, and it should be the fourth door to your right." 

I thank her and walk down the dimly lit hallway. Damn, this place was spacious. Once finding the bathroom, I shut the door and run the tap so it did not sound suspiciously quiet. I had a gut feeling that this woman was hiding something, and she had something to do with Tim Braxton's murder. I mean, only a fool wouldn't be able to read through her lies.  

I check the cabinets. Nothing

She can't be that stupid to hide evidence in here–

I interrupt my train of thought as I feel something move under my heel. My eyes immediately widen. I inspect the bathroom tile I stepped on and see that it's loose. I remove it from its place and am shocked by my findings—a space under the floor. The perfect place to hide things. 

I rummage through the opening and fish out a bloody knife and rope. This was too easy. I turn off the tap and hurry back to the dining area. 

"Chloe, Lucifer—I found something!" 

They immediately get up from their seats, and I lead them to the bathroom while Jessica follows close behind. I show Chloe the evidence, and she instantly calls for backup. 

I then feel someone yanking my hair from behind, pulling me into the living room. I feel something sharp being pressed up against my throat. 

Chloe runs to the commotion and points her gun at Jessica, who is behind me. Lucifer stays behind Chloe.  

"Mrs. Braxton put the boxcutter down–" 

"STOP CALLING ME, MRS. BRAXTON—IT'S JESSICA!" Jessica yells. "I'm not going to jail because of my bastard of a husband. He deserved to die." 

"Jessica, what could've Mr. Braxton done to make you kill him?" Chloe asks firmly. 

"That son of a bitch threatened to take Jaylee away from me. I had an affair and filed for a divorce to be with my lover. Tim wanted revenge for me betraying him and filed for full custody of my daughter. I would've never won the court over due to my past crimes, so I had to do what I had to do to make sure Jaylee was all mine. Jason, my boyfriend,  murdered Tim. I didn't touch him, I swear," She confesses. 

"Ma'am, please—just let Yvi go, and we will deal with this at the station." 

Jessica pulls me in tighter, with the blade pressed harder against my throat, creating a thin insition, making me hiss. 

"NO, YOU GUYS ARE GOING TO TAKE ME TO JAIL! I WILL NOT LET YOU TAKE MY BABY!" Mrs. Braxton shouts, tears falling from her cheeks. 

Lucifer intervenes, stepping in front of Jessica and me. "Jessica, darling—if you ever want to see your offspring again, you need to drop your weapon and let this innocent teenager go." 

As she begins to loosen her grip, I elbow her in the ribs. This makes Jessica drop the boxcutter. I kick the back of her legs, sweeping Mrs. Braxton off her feet, which causes her to fall on her back. She groans in pain as I hold her down. 

Chloe runs towards us and takes out her handcuffs. 

"Jessica Braxton, you are under arrest for the murder of Tim Braxton. You have the right to remain silent, as anything you say may be used against you in a court of law." 

I stand up as the Detective lifts Jessica off the ground—forcing her hands behind her back and handcuffing her. Once back up arrives, they take Mrs. Braxton away and questions us. 

"Hey," Chloe puts her hand on my shoulder. "You did a great job." 

I smile, and Chloe smiles back, walking away to talk with the other officers. 

Lucifer walks up to me and instantly notices the small cut on my throat. He takes out a handkerchief from his pocket and dabs it on my wound, getting rid of the tiny drops of blood. 

"The small wound will heal quickly—you are immortal after all." 

I instantly get nervous, believing he'll be mad at me for interfering with the investigation.

"You did well, Yvi," My father states. 

"Thank you," I respond, in shock. "Also, thank you for saving me back there." 

He chuckles, "Even if she tried slitting your throat, she wouldn't be able to kill you at least." 

"That's true," I respond. 

Lucifer walks away, and I stand in the living room alone. I then notice someone walking through the apartment's doors, looking out of place due to him in casual wear. 

"LUCIFER!" The man shouts. 

Lucifer walks up to the man. 

"Luci, thank goodness you're okay. I saw many cop cars outside and near Lux, so I got afraid." 

"You don't have to worry about me, Amenadiel— I'm alright." 

Amenadiel?