𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊

"I'm still confused," Amenadiel admits. 

After the arrest of Mrs. Braxton, I met Amenadiel—my uncle. He was, of course, stunned to see me. Once we arrived back at the penthouse, Lucifer and I explained everything to him, including how I got here. 

"What are you confused about?" I question. 

"On how the demons could just let you out of your cell without their leader's permission—they must've been very desperate." 

"That indeed," I respond. "I'm just happy to be able to get out of that dreadful chamber. Spending 16,000 years in isolation wasn't fun." 

"I guess..." Amenadiel says, looking at Lucifer. 

"Well, enjoy it while it lasts." My father spits. 

I glare at him and sigh. I quickly turn my attention back to my uncle, changing the subject, "So, how many aunts and uncles do I have?" 

"Too many to count." 

Ammenadiel and I chuckle. 

"Okay, enough with the family reunion nonsense,"  Lucifer interrupts, making me roll my eyes. "Brother, did you want to talk to me about something?" 

"Oh, yes—let's discuss somewhere more private." 

Both of them go into Lucifer's bedroom, leaving me all alone in the living room. 

LUCIFER'S POV

My brother and I step into my bedroom, and I immediately go for the bottle of whiskey I have on conveniently my dresser, pouring myself a glass. I have bottles of liquor all over this penthouse. No, I'm not an alcoholic.  

"So Amenadiel, what is it that you wanted to discuss?" 

My brother sighs, "Lucifer, I know this topic has been discussed and then forgot, but I think Yvi is right. You need to go back to Hell." 

 "You're hilarious, brother," I say with a hint of sarcasm. "How many times do I have to tell you no? I've been back once, and I'm not going back again." 

"Luci, you're going to start a rebellion if you don't go back." 

"I'm not leaving—I can't hurt Chloe again. She was heartbroken when I left the first time," I take a sip of my drink.

"I'm glad that you care about someone other than yourself, but our siblings keep on sending us warnings. When the demons came to Earth last, they also warned us of a rebellion. Just because you went back to Hell for a year doesn't mean it's going to contain them." 

"Just give me time, brother. I need to regain Chloe's trust and love again. She nearly gave up on me when I left. She's—too important to lose," I confess. 

"Hasn't that been proved even since you met her?" Amenadiel jokingly questions.

"Yes..." I smile, admiring a photo of Chloe and me framed on my dresser. 

"Brother, as much as I know you adore Chloe, you also need to pay attention to your daughter. I know you abandoned Yvi and don't want to be close with her, but she is your flesh and blood. That's also Eve's child. If you care for Eve, care for Yvi. Plus, Chloe would truly appreciate you more if she saw what a good father you are." 

I take the last swig of my liquor as a take a moment to ponder. 

"I guess I'll leave you to it," Amenadiel smiles, patting my shoulder and leaving me in my room. 

YVI'S POV

A few minutes after Amenadiel's departure, Lucifer comes out of his bedroom. 

"Yvi, I did some thinking and made a few phone calls. Do you truly want to experience human life, like a kid your age?" 

"Yes, that'd be my dream," I confess. 

"Well, I'm enrolling you into high school. We're going to have a meeting with the principal next week." 

My eyes immediately light up, and I jump off the couch, running towards my father, "Oh my goodness—thank you so much!" I squeal in excitement, hugging Lucifer tightly. 

Though I know he's not fond of hugs—I couldn't help myself from showing my appreciation. My father simply pats my head at the gesture, and I let go.   

"Well, I have to go back to work," He awkwardly coughs, walking into the elevator. "See you later, offspring," My father states as the elevator door closes. 

I smile to myself, happy that Lucifer and I have grown closer during these past two days. He's still stubborn and strict towards me, but it's a step from how Lucifer was treating me when I first met him. He, regardless, addresses me as simply Yvi or offspring—whatever that means. My father can call me whatever he pleases. All I wanted was some sort of relationship with my parent, so I'm happy with what I'm getting. 

[ ]

*two weeks later*

I rush to do my hygienic care and put on some makeup while attempting to keep my eyes open from the lack of sleep. Today is my interview with the high school principal, so waves of anxiety rushed through me the hours following and presently. 

"YVI—WE'RE GOING TO BE LATE!" Lucifer screams. 

I quickly straighten my hair, putting it up in a half-up half-down ponytail, and hurry into my outfit. 

[OUTFIT BELOW]

I rush out of the bathroom, finding my father and Mazikeen conversing in the common room.

"Maze, what are you going here?"

"I'm pretending to be your mom at the meeting," She states. "You both owe me, big time." 

Maze bumps into my shoulder as she walks into the elevator, "Are you guys coming or not?" 

Lucifer and I look at each other and step inside, the sliding doors closing moments later.