𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖘𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓

YVI'S POV ✞

After we finished our meals, I dropped Sam off at his house.

I offered to take him to school and drop him back home until his car was repaired, as I didn't want him having to take the bus every day. It took some time to convince him, but we finally made the arrangement. 

I then go straight home, finishing my homework and getting ready for bed. While lying on the couch, I go through social media, still confused about how these apps work. 

It wasn't like people wrote books about social media that I could read in Hell.

"Where have you been?" 

I turn my attention to the elevator and see a frustrated Lucifer. 

"I told you—I went to get my textbooks at school." 

"I'm not stupid, Yvi—it doesn't take two hours to retrieve some books at a school that's fifteen minutes away." 

I look down, feeling the pressure of my father's gaze. 

"So, where were you?" 

I fiddle with my fingers, "I went to dinner with a friend."

"Look at me when I'm speaking to you." 

I comply, looking up at my father—who is now standing a couple of feet in front of me. His stern expression seemed to soften once my eyes met his. 

Lucifer coughs, "What's this friend's name?" 

"Sam," I mutter.  

In response, He nods and walks into his bedroom for a brief moment and then back to the elevator. Once my father is gone, I sigh, continuing to explore the foreign object that is my phone. 

LUCIFER'S POV ✞

*a few hours earlier*

"So, Lucifer—what brings you back to my office?" 

I sigh, leaning back on the couch, "You already know Doctor." 

Dr. Linda nods, immediately understanding what I'm talking about, "What's the problem?"

"I'm not entirely sure. I mean—there should be no problem, but seeing Yvi interacting with a boy yesterday made me feel some sort of way," I confess. 

"Elaborate on that." 

"Well, I was feeling angry—I wanted to rip the boy's head off!" 

Dr. Linda shifts in her seat, fixing her posture, "I'm not surprised in the slightest. It's completely normal for a parent to want to protect your child."

"But I don't care about Yvi—that's why I'm confused about why I have these feelings!" I exclaim, with a hint of annoyance in my tone.

"Well Lucifer, it's obvious that you do." 

"But I don't–" 

"Lucifer, you may not want to care, but on the inside you do," Dr. Linda insists. "This may be the start of an actual relationship with your daughter—take this small ounce of care and show it." 

[ ]

YVI'S POV