𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞-𝖋𝖔𝖚𝖗

*a few weeks later*

[OUTFIT BELOW]

"Well, that's it for today. Make sure to read pages twelve to twenty-two so you can get a basic knowledge of the subject for our next session," I stated, grabbing my backpack off the floor.

"Yes ma'am," Brian responded playfully with a smile.

I let out a laugh. "I'll see you tomorrow."

"See ya." 

Brian hugged me goodbye before walking out of the library.

A few weeks have passed since the whole ordeal with Lucifer occurred, and he's been highly unbearable since then. He has been watching my every step like a hawk, to the point where he has Mazikeen walk me into school and my classes, making sure Sam, Noel, nor Brian talk to me. 

The times I tutor Brian are now shortened to fifty minutes instead of an hour, so he has time to leave before Maze shows up to get me. I still would spend time with them during the school day, of course, but we, unfortunately, cannot see each other after school anymore. 

Thankfully, I have Alisa and the Watson Twins to hang out with as my father can tolerate them.

As soon as I finished packing up my school supplies, I walked out to the school's entrance to see Mazikeen waiting for me on her motorcycle. 

"Hop on," Maze demands, looking annoyed as always. 

I did as told, getting on the black motorcycle. 

Once we arrive in Lux's parking lot, Mazikeen and I hop off and make our way into the elevator, with me pressing the floor "P" for penthouse.

"You better get Lucifer to stop making me take you everywhere, it's getting very inconvienent to me," Maze states as the elevator ascends to the penthouse.

"Trust me, this is way more inconvienent for me," I rebutted. "Lucifer is a psychopath."

Maze let out a laugh. "You got that right."

Once the elevator has stopped, its doors open, and we immediately step out. I let my bag fall to the floor as I strut towards the couch and take a seat, facing the window.

Mazikeen stands in front of me. "He should be here any minute now. Chloe's got no cases to work on today so he's probably just bothering her."

I chuckled, nodding as a response.

Then a sudden rise of anger rushes within me. I was angry, not only for causing my lack of privacy and independence but for everything that happened with my friends at the penthouse weeks before. It was not fair of him to treat them like unwanted pests. 

From these rising emotions, I said, "You know what, when my father gets back I'm going to tell him–"

"Tell me what?" Lucifer interrupted, causing me to turn my head to look at him. 

My eyes widened as he smirked at me.

Shit, did he just hear my entire conversation with Maze? 

"Well, that's my cue to go," Mazikeen states (knowing that Lucifer was standing behind me the whole time). "Good luck kid."

Before leaving, Lucifer slips a one-hundred-dollar bill into Maze's hand. She grins, getting into the elevator as it closes.

"So, what did you want to tell me?"

"Well, I–"

"Speak up Yvi, I can hardly hear you," He interrupted.

I rolled my eyes. "What I wanted to say was that I'm sick and tired of Maze following me around—I can hardly stand it and neither can she. I want to be independent like all the other teenagers." 

Lucifer's expression twisted into that of shock, surprised that I confronted him.

"Hm—well don't compare yourself to others. Your situation is completely different and you know that. Look, I can tell that the boy that was in my bed wasn't just a friends, right?" 

I stayed silent. 

"Well, if he was simply your friend he would not be on my bed where you also slept, am I correct?" 

I continued to stay silent. 

"Look Yvi, as an immortal, attachment leads to weaknesses, and once your weaknesses has been discovered within you, you're doomed."

"You mean become mortal?" I retort.

Lucifer nods, "Exactly."

"Well you've fallen for Chloe, and look at you! You're not mortal."

"I'm different—I'm the Devil, it'll be impossible to make me mortal. Without me, Hell will be in ruins and there will be another war," He stated. "You are just a demon, so you can become mortal with ease."

I looked at my father in confusion. "That's impossible. I've read many books on how this works and the being in question would have to be half-human to fully become mortal." 

Lucifer seemed as if he going to speak but hesitates before doing so. "You know what, forget it Yvi—go out and do as you please. I won't stop you anymore, but don't say I didn't warn you."

Before another word could be said, Lucifer headed into his bedroom. 

I sighed, taking out my phone, and decided to message Brian.

Me: Hey :)

It takes about a minute for him to respond.

Brian: Hey, what's up?

Me: I just wanted to know if you needed any help with today's math lesson.

Brian: Haha, nah I'm good. I think I've got the hang of it, thanks though ;)

Me: Oh... okay :/

Brian: What? Did you wanna talk or something?

Me: I just really need to get out of the penthouse for a bit - my dad and I got into an argument that I don't want to get into.

Brian: I totally get it. My dad and I get into arguments all the time. It's usually about my stepmom, but yeah, I usually leave the house when I need some space.

Brian: So if you need a place to go, you're welcome to come over  :)

Me: Thanks, I appreciate it. Is it alright if I stop by now?

Brian: Of course, the door's open.

Brian: Here's my address

Brian: *enters address*