𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞-𝖊𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙

YVI'S POV 

After transferring all of my belongings into my new room, I showed Chloe, Ella, and Trixie out, not before thanking them for their help. I sighed in exhaustion as I walked into my new room. It was a tiring day, to say the least, and all I wanted to do at that moment was plop on my bed and fall asleep. As I spun to view my surrounding, I grinned with glee. 

"Maybe Lucifer does care about me,"  I thought to myself, which made me grin even wider. 

"YVI!" I heard Lucifer call. "I DEMAND YOU COME HERE AT ONCE!" 

And he's back. I groaned as I stepped into the common room to see Lucifer standing in front of the bar with a yellow folder in his hand. "So, Chloe praised the way you helped solve the Tim Braxton case. It is obvious you have a natural talent for this field, and I've been considering this for some time..." Lucifer explains. "How would you like to intern for the LAPD? Unpaid, of course." 

My mouth hung open in shock and then in excitement. I couldn't contain my joy as I nodded vigorously. "Uh, of course!"

Lucifer handed me the yellow file. "It's regarding a murder that was recently committed that we're investigating. Just study the file, and we'll discuss more in depth about it when you come to the station tomorrow." 

"Thank you so much, Lucifer! You're the best," I squealed, hugging him tightly.

"Well, don't give me credit. This was actually Chloe's idea—" 

I quickly interrupted, "No offense, but stop talking. You're ruining the moment." 

After a few moments of embracing, I let my father go to release him from the awkward hug. I then questioned, "So, what does this internship entail?"  

Lucifer quickly answered, "You'll be shadowing me and Chloe at crime scenes. You'll also be a decoy if need be." 

"Decoy?" I questioned. "Can't that get dangerous?"

Lucifer scoffed, "Oh, don't be a baby. You are over a thousand years old! Plus, you're immortal. Anybody who is ballsy enough to stand in your way will regret it. You'll be fine."

"Well, true," I stated. "Anyway, just know that I feel so privileged to be working with you guys, and I won't let you down." 

"You better not," spat Lucifer as he walked into his bedroom. 

I shrugged, used to my father's strange attitude. I then felt a vibration from my pocket: my phone notifying me I'd received a notification. I checked the device to see a message from Sam: 

Sam: Hey Yvi! Hope this message finds you well. Tonight, one of my teammates is hosting a house party at 8 PM to celebrate our upcoming game. I was wondering if you wanted to come with. 

My eyes widened at the message. "Lucifer!" I exclaimed.

Lucifer popped out of his room, "What do you want?" 

"Ummm..." I stumbled. "May I go to a party with one of my friends?" 

"I suppose," He sighed. "As long as that friend is not Brian."

"No, um, his name is Sam. Brian and I aren't talking anymore." 

"Awe," Lucifer cooed sarcastically, "what a shame."