𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞-𝖔𝖓𝖊

"What?" I grimaced. 

"Look, let me explain myself here–" 

"Please do," I spat, gesturing for him to go on. 

"Well," Lucifer cautiously continued, "I thought that if I got him out of the way, then you would stay immortal and not end up like Amenadiel." 

Not wanting to hear any more of my father's excuses, I stood up and attempted to head straight to my room. 

"Hey! I wasn't–" 

Interrupting my father, I grabbed Lucifer and flung him across the room, sending him flying across the room. A loud crash rang throughout the space as his back hit the black piano, causing the instrument to crumble. 

"Not again!" Lucifer exclaimed. "Mum, and now you!?" 

I looked at my father with angry confusion. "Excuse me–" 

"Ah, forget it," my father sighed, getting back up on his feet whilst wiping off the debris of the broken piano from his black suit. "Now, as I was saying, I was simply trying to save you. Once you die here, you will cease to exist. You're like Maze, you have no soul." 

Lucifer had a point. Once I met my end on Earth, I was doomed. No hell, no heaven, just a nonexistent void. 

Maybe he was to protect me. I couldn't be mad at him for doing that, right?

"Whatever," I sighed. "But if that's true, why did you just give me that whole speech on keeping me here so I could find love? What's the point of me finding love staying here will only harm me?" 

Lucifer tensed, realizing the mistake he'd just made. 

"Wait. If I'm your daughter, doesn't that mean I'm half celestial? If so, that means I do have a soul," I concluded. "However, I still am half-demon, so I guess you're right." 

"Um, about that..." Lucifer dragged. "If I'm going to be completely transparent, you are half celestial, yes, but also half-human."

My mouth hung open in astonishment. Words couldn't describe the absolute shock I felt at this very moment. All my life, I thought I was a demon, a creature belonging to Hell when in actuality, I was completely the opposite. 

"Oh my–" I whispered under my breath. "My whole existence is a lie!" I then shouted.  

"Yvi, calm yourself–" 

"Don't tell me to calm myself!" I angrily shouted. "You cannot demand me to do anything when you have deceived me all this time!"

Lucifer rolled his eyes in annoyance, staying quiet so as to let me continue with my rant. 

"Who is she?"

"I cannot disclose that with you," My father responds calmly. 

I scoffed. "Is it because you can't remember her name? Was she just some meaningless hook-up that you just so happened to accidentally knock up!?" 

"Excuse me! I pride myself on remembering the names of everyone I snog, thank you very much." 

"Oh, every single one? Even the ones going back millenniums?" I asked jokingly. 

"Indeed," Lucifer stated proudly. "Cleopatra was a lot of fun!" 

I grimaced in disgust. "Goodness, you're disgusting," I spat. "If you do remember all of your sexual encounters, the least you could do is tell me my mother's name."

He sighed. "I would if I could, but it's too risky. However, if it brings you solace, she wasn't meaningless. Your birth giver was a very important woman, one who shaped life as we know it. Your existence changed history."