𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞-𝖙𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊

(WARNING: In this chapter, the characters are going to be investigating the death of a minor. The descriptions of the injuries will be kind of graphic and there will be talk of sexual assault. If you're sensitive to stuff like that, I suggest you not read this chapter. Readers discretion is advised.)

on with the story...

"Sorry, I'm late!" I exclaim, closing the door to the conference room and taking a seat next to Lucifer.

"You're actually right on time. We just start the meeting early most of the time." Chloe says.

I lay out the case folder my father gave to me yesterday on the table. Since I had no time to look over it, I decided that I should probably get to that now:

......

Name of Victim: Tia Flemmings

Sex: Female

Race: Caucasian

Date of Birth: April 29, 2004

Age: 17

Cause of Death: Gunshot wound to the head

Forensics Report: Victim found with many scars and bruises all over her body including cigarette burns and slashes. Suffered from severe malnourishment, and would've died from starvation if not shot. The body had been dead for days do to smell and pre-rotting flesh

Additional Information: Was reported missing by parents a year before found dead. Found jammed in a suitcase that was in a dumpster. Dumpster located in Westwood on Gayley.

.......

After reading this information, I shake my head in disappointment at what humanity has come to. It's honestly disgusting how someone can do this to such a young girl. She had her whole life ahead of her, but someone just had to take it away. She was thrown away like garbage. However, I don't think I was prepared to look at the crime scene photos. Seeing her face sent a wave of emotions into my body. Looking at the poor girl's face made me feel as if I knew her. I'm happy though, to know that she's in a better place. I know that she's in Heaven, I can feel it.

"So Yvi, do you have any questions about the case?" Chloe asks.

"Yes." I clear my throat. "Do you guys know what happened to her during those few months. You know, after she when missing?"

"We presumed that she was kidnapped and held hostage," Dan explained.

"Her parents are coming in at any time now to give us any information they have to help find her killer," Chloe adds.

I nod. Chloe walks over to me, kneeling down to get to eye level with me while holding the armrests of the chair for balance.

"I know this case is a lot, especially for your first one. But trust me, nothing is more satisfying than getting justice for a heartbroken family who just wants answers." Chloe reassures.

I smile at her reassuring words as she smiles back at me. She then walks back to where she was standing previously.

"I don't understand," Lucifer comments. "How can the parents let their child go on kidnapped and not call the authorities? Doesn't settle well with me."