𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞-𝖊𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙

(WARNING: In this chapter, the characters are going to be investigating the death of a minor. The descriptions of the injuries will be kind of graphic and there will be talk of sexual assault. If you're sensitive to stuff like that, I suggest you not read this chapter. Readers discretion is advised.)

on with the story...

✞ LUCIFER'S POV ✞

"So, Adam. Now that the minor is out of the room, do you fancy telling us what happened?"

Mr. Boucher takes a long sigh.

"Fine. As you know, I was at the Wilshire Serrano many nights ago. I was there because one of my colleagues told me that there are girls there that.... you know?"

The Detective nods.

"When I arrived, I had a chat with a man that calls himself Mendes. He had Tia, or whatever her name is, show me to a room. Then one thing led to another and we did some things. After that, I told her to get into my suitcase so I could take her home and have so more fun. If I got caught going out with her, I probably wouldn't be here telling this tale. I promised a thousand dollars and she obliged."

"And she was okay with you shoving her into a suitcase?" I ask surprised.

"I'm not sure. Her face was stone cold. She never smiled or anything."

I wonder why.

"It's just hard to believe that you didn't have something to do with the murder because the very suitcase you put her in as was the same suitcase she was found dead in," Chloe explains.

"I understand Detective, but before we were able to come back here, a black Cadillac pulled me over. I rolled down the window of my car and a man wearing a jumper and sweatpants comes up to me and points a gun at my head."

Chloe and I look at each other in a mix of shock and confusion.

"I know it sounds crazy, but I promise it's true. I even took a picture of the license plate while they drove past me." Mr. Boucher pauses. "Anyway, the man with the jumper told me to open my trunk, and I did as told from the car. I'm assuming his accomplice took the suitcase with the girl in it because when I checked, it was gone."

The Detective begins to write everything down.

"Do you, by any chance, still have the photo of the license plate?" I ask.

"Ye-"

"Oh thank goodness, you're finally good for something." I chuckle, interrupting him.

Chloe glances at me in disapproval and elbows my arm.

"What I was going to say, is yes. I have the photo on my phone if you'll let me get it from my pocket."

Chloe nods in approval.

"Yes, go ahead."

Mr. Boucher cautiously pulls out his phone from the pocket of his slacks. He's on his device for a few seconds, before showing The Detective and I the photo of the license plate. She immediately writes the information down on her notepad.

"Thank you, sir-"

The Detective is interrupted by the sounds of sirens coming from outside the house. Mr. Boucher's face drops, knowing that this might be the last time he'll be in the house.

"You know what happens now, Mr. Boucher." Chloe states.

"Yes, yes I do." He replies. "Can I just say goodbye to my kids first? My daughters are probably in their rooms."