𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖋𝖔𝖚𝖗𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓

YVI'S POV ✞

After a quiet car ride back to the penthouse, I sit on the couch and decide to organize my new supplies so that I'm perfectly ready for school the next day. 

"I'm going out—see you later." 

Before I'm able to reply, the elevator door closes, and Lucifer is gone.

Once I finished organizing my things, I walked to the bathroom and removed my makeup, getting ready to bed. 

As I look at myself in the mirror, I begin to wonder if my wings can spawn while in my human form. 

They worked for my father, so they should work for me. 

I close my eyes and quickly open them to see my wings. A tad shocked by this, I jump at the sight.

 It was strange seeing myself as a human with wings. Seeing them reminded me of how I used to look. I hated my devilish appearance, and I wanted to truly see myself as normal

Overcome with a sudden rush of anger—I punch the glass in front of me. The mirror stayed intact but was almost completely shattered. I continued to stare at myself in the maimed mirror for what felt like hours. Glaring at my distorted reflection felt symbolic in a way. Tears began to run from my eyes, and I quickly closed them—wishing for my wings to disappear.  As my lids lifted open, they were gone. 

I take a minute to compose myself before having a warm shower in an attempt to take my mind off what just happened. 

[ ]

*next day*

I wake up to the morning's sun beaming at my face, causing my eyes to flutter open. I check the clock next to the couch with heavy lids and see that it's 8 o'clock. 

Oh no—I'm going to be late!

After realizing that school starts in thirty minutes, I rush to the bathroom. I brush my teeth and don't shower because I simply have no time. While I'm at it, I put on light makeup to finish off my face. I also leave my hair in its natural curly state and put it in a high bun letting a few short strands of hair fall. Then I put on today's outfit, finishing my look. 

[OUTFIT BELOW]

"LUCIFER!" I shout, rushing out of the bathroom to my father's bedroom.

Seeing and realizing that he's asleep, I tap Lucifer repeatedly to wake him up. After a couple of pokes, he finally does.