𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖘𝖎𝖝𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓

After telling Lucifer that I forgot a textbook, which was a lie, I drive my moped back to school.  With my new phone in hand, I run onto the large football field and spot the team finishing up practice. 

"Samuel!" I shout. 

Once Samuel spots me, he takes off his helmet and runs towards me. 

"Hey Yvi, whatcha doing here?" 

"Well, my dad just got me a phone, and I wanted to ask if you could teach me how to use it." 

He chuckles, "Are you serious? Do you not know how to use a phone?" 

I shake my head, "I've never had a phone before."

His eyes widen, "Well then, of course I'll teach you. Let me just get changed, and I'll meet you out here in a sec." 

I nod as Samuel runs off, assumingly in the locker room. As I walk towards the bleachers, I feel a hand grab my wrist. I look back to see Brian, beads of sweating running down his forehead from his previous exercises. 

"Hey," He greets, letting go of my wrists. 

"Hi," I shyly reply. 

"I see that you and Sam have become close." 

"Well, we just met today—so I wouldn't say close." 

Brian looks down at the phone in my hand, "Can I see?" 

I nod and hand him the device.

"No password? Come on, what if you lose it and someone breaks into it?" 

"Well then, I guess I'll have to put in a password," I giggle. 

Brian presses the power button on the phone's side, making the screen turn completely black. He then hands it back to me. 

"I put my number in there, just in case you wanna talk." 

"Thanks—I'll make sure to message you," I smile. 

There is a slight pause before Brian concludes our conversation, "I'll see you around," He smirks before heading to the locker rooms. 

I walk up and sit on one of the bleachers. After a few minutes, Samuel speeds in my direction— wearing his school clothes from today and his backpack. 

"Hey," He states tiredly, dropping his bag on the bleacher below us. 

"I'm sorry to keep you back—you seem pretty tired," I apologize. 

"No, no, it's fine. I'll just have a fat nap when I get home—so, let's get started." 

[ ]

After about an hour of sitting on the bleachers, I finally understood how to work my phone. 

"I can't believe you've never heard of social media. It's like you've been living under a rock your whole life," He jokes.

"You could say that," I laugh lightly. "Well—thank you for helping me, Samuel!"  

"It's no problem, Yvi," He states. "By the way, you can call me Sam—that's what my friends call me." 

"Alright, Sam," I smile.

We get off the bleachers and head to the student parking lot.

"Is someone coming to pick you up?" 

Sam shakes his head, "No—I take the bus home for now since my car is in repair." 

"Well, I can take you home if you want."