𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖘𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓

After many attempts of getting a cab, we finally got one and arrived back at the penthouse. Maze and I set all of our shopping bags on the floor and immediately sit down on the couch. 

"I know that Lucifer may seem harsh, but he'll warm up to you—eventually." 

I shake my head. "No, he won't," I pause. "Lucifer hates me. I have no idea what I did to deserve this treatment." 

"I know your father more than anyone. Trust me—he'll come around." 

I simply nod and stand up to stretch a bit. "Is there anything to eat around here?" 

"Yeah, there should be something in the fridge," Maze states. 

I go to the refrigerator and see that there is some Chinese takeout. 

"How do I heat this?!" I ask Mazikeen. 

She groans and walks over to the kitchen. Maze proceeds to take the box of food from my hands and puts it into the microwave. How do I know the names of some technological appliances? Well, while Maze and I shopped, she taught me the names of some basic modern technology and its uses. I think I caught on pretty well. 

"Just leave the food in here until you hear it beep." 

I nod and continue to wait for the food to heat up. About 3 minutes later and I hear a beeping noise. I take the food out and immediately start eating. It was as if Grandfather had blessed my tongue. The foreign flavors I taste make a smile appear on my face. I've never had real food before, so this is truly a dream come true. 

"Hey, save me some!" Mazikeen says, tearing the box from my hands. 

This caused an inhuman growl to escape my lips. Her eyes widen, and so do mine in shock. 

"Damn, chill. There's some more over there." 

I look over and see more takeout on the counter. I grab it and start chowing down. I then hear the elevator doors open, and in walks Lucifer. 

"Hello ladies," He declares. 

"Hey, Luci," Mazikeen answers, getting off the counter.

I look down, not wanting to meet my father's gaze. 

"Well, you seem absolutely gutted," He states to me, as I stay silent. "Why–" 

"BECAUSE I AM LUCIFER!" 

Mazikeen and my father look at me in pure shock. My nostrils flare, and I my eyes become wide. 

"You know what, I'm leaving," I plainly state, interrupting him as I run to the elevator. 

"Go after her," Lucifer demands to Maze. 

She rolls her eyes and steps into the elevator with me. 

"Lucifer's right, You are a pain in the–" 

"You know what, I don't wanna hear it," I spit, interrupting her. 

"Hey, don't give me attitude for trying to help. You're lucky I'm even in this damn elevator." 

I look down in shame. Maze is right. I shouldn't be giving her attitude, especially when she's been nothing but kind to me all day—well, sort of. She has her own unique way of showing kindness. 

"You're right. I'm sorry for being rude to you, Maze—but I can't take him being vile to me anymore. I've been nothing but nice, and Lucifer is still an asshole." 

"Look, Yvi, I know Lucifer can be a real cunt, but he's just him. Your father is the Devil! What do you expect!?" She pauses. "I hate his guts sometimes, but I promise you, he'll warm up. He may be the Devil, but through that rough exterior, he's a softy." 

As I'm about to respond, Mazikeen begins to laugh hysterically. "I'm sorry, but–" She interrupts herself by laughing some more. "–doing this—giving advice is so human of me. Man, I never thought this day would come."

"Are you done?" 

Maze calms herself down, "...Yeah." 

We reach the lobby and step onto the street. 

"Here—I'll take you to my friend, Linda. She's a therapist and can help you deal with your feelings," Mazikeen states, while typing something into her phone. 

Maze then leads me to an alleyway, where a motorcycle is conveniently parked. She hops onto a vehicle and starts the engine. 

"Don't worry—this is mine," She reassures. 

I nod calmly, but then my expression turns to that of frustration and my eyebrows furrow.

"You had a motorcycle the whole time!?" I exclaim, and Mazikeen nods. "Then why did you steal a freaking car today!?" 

"Because I didn't feel like taking my bike." 

I roll my eyes and hop on the vehicle, clinging onto Maze's waist. 

"Hang on tight," She states as we speed onto the street.