𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖊𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓

Sam and I stepped on the front porch of the suburban-looking home. Sam took a few moments to rummage through the pockets of his backpack to find his house keys. Once they were retrieved, he unlocked the front door and pushed it open. 

Sam took a step to the side and extended his arm, "Welcome to my humble abode."

I took it as a gesture to come in, so I slowly walked into the home. I digested the setting, taking glances at everything around me. "I like your place, it's cute." 

"Thanks," Sam sighed. "I would give you a tour, but we should probably head to my room before my mom pesters you with questions." 

I nodded and followed Sam up the carpeted steps to his bedroom. 

"You can sit on my bed if you'd like," Sam suggested as he guided me into the small yet spacious room. 

I dropped my bag on the floor and sat on the firm mattress. I immediately noticed how neat the space was—the scent of his room being quite lovely. The room was full of dark, neutral colors, except for the gold trophies sitting on the shelves. 

"Let's get started, shall we?" 

"We shall," I giggled. "I have a question, though." 

Sam looked up at me, "What's up?" 

"Are we... um, going to actually kiss for our presentation?"  

He blushes, chuckling nervously, "Whatever you want—I mean, if you're comfortable with it we can." 

"No, no—whatever you want, I'm fine with it if you are." 

Sam scratches the back of his neck out of nervousness, his cheeks becoming even more flushed, "So—uh, let's start at the top." 

Sam pulls up the scene on his phone. He notices me waiting for him, and his expression twists to that of confusion, "You don't need the script?" 

I shake my head, "Nope, I've get it all memorized." 

He nods and starts, "If I profane with my unworthiest hand. This holy shrine, the gentle sin is this: My lips, two blushing pilgrims, ready stand. To smooth that rough touch with a tender kiss." 

"Good pilgrim, you do wrong your hand too much, which mannerly devotion shows in this," I continue. "For saints have hands that pilgrims' hands do touch, And palm to palm is holy palmers' kiss." 

"Have not saints lips, and holy palmers too?" Sam adds. 

"Ay, pilgrim, lips that they must use in prayer." 

"Oh, then, dear saint, let lips do what hands do. They pray; grant thou, lest faith turn to despair."

"Saints do not move, though grant for prayers' sake." 

"Then move not, while my prayer's effect I take." 

Sam stopped, looking up at me, "This is where I'm supposed to kiss you." 

"O-oh..." I stuttered. "Then do it." 

Sam gently cupped my cheeks, pulling me towards him. My breathing became uneven as I stared into his eyes. My body stiffened—my face mere inches from his. Sam closed his eyes and leaned in, filling the space between our lips. I did, too, shut my eyes. Moments later, we slowly pulled away, our eyelids peeling open to look at each other.  I was shocked as Sam cracked a smile and began to laugh. 

"Okay, let's never do that again," He continues his chuckles. 

My nerves relax, sighing as I start to laugh as well, "Agreed. Congratulations though, you were my first kiss!"

"Well Yvi, it was an honor," He bowed. 

I continued to laugh, letting my upper body plop on Sam's bed.

[ ]

"Okay, I guess that's it for today," Sam stated, closing his laptop. 

"Thank you for having me here." 

"It's not a problem–" 

A dig from Sam's phone interrupted him. He went to check the notification, and his eyes widened in realization, "Oh, shit!" 

My eyebrows furrowed in concern, "What's wrong?" 

"I totally forgot that I have to work today." 

"You have a job?" I asked in shock. 

"Yeah, I work part-time at the Starbucks in Barnes and Nobles at the Grove. Look, I'm so sorry, but can you drop me off there?" 

I stuttered, "Oh-uh, sure!"

Sam sighed in relief, "Great, thank you so much! I just have to change into my work clothes and we can get going." 

I nodded as he grabbed a couple of clothing items from his dresser and headed into his bathroom. 

About a minute later, Same steps out of the bathroom—dressed in his work attire. 

Sam and I rushed out of the house and quickly hopped on my moped, putting in The Grove's address on the installed GPS. Once I felt Sam wrap his arms around my waist, I started the engine and drove off. 

[ ]

AUTHOR'S NOTE 

Sorry for the short chapter. I'm posting another update right after this one to make up for it. 

Love, 

Vicky<3