𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞-𝖘𝖎𝖝

"Yvi." He says softly. "It's been forever." 

Without knowing what to say, I give him a huge hug, missing my dear friend. He delivers the embrace back, burrowing head into the croak of my neck. 

"How did you get here?" I ask. 

"The council sent me because you haven't reported back since you got to Earth. They wanted to make sure you're here doing what you came here to do." 

"About that, I'm going to stay." 

Orcus looks at me in confusion. 

"Yvi-" 

"I understand what can happen if my father and I don't return, but I want a chance to live out this life." I pause,  seeing the entire class focused on the lecture, including Sasha. "I'm half-human Orcus. Human. That means I have a soul. I can live out my life on Earth and possibly go to Heaven as I've always wanted. There's no demon in me. I just have the form since I lived in Hell for so long." 

Orcus scoffs. 

"I'm just here to look after you. My whole existence revolves around you, Yvi. We both need to go back home."  

"That chamber is not my home. This is my home." 

His face begins to soften in sadness.

"I just want to have someone to talk to again. You were always there for me and if I go back alone, I'll have no more purpose with you not there. they'll just incinerate me, all I'll become is ash." 

"Then don't leave. Stay." 

"I can't." 

"Yes, you can. I'll talk to my father about it, but you just need to stick by me, okay?" 

Orcus nods in agreement. 

"Okay Orlando, you have so much to tell me." 

[ ]

"So, you're telling me that when you first come to Earth, you woke in a trash can?" 

"Yeah, I guess so!" 

We both laugh, as I take a sip of my Cola. 

"How did you even get all presentable, and a place this school?" 

"Don't ask. Just know that it was a difficult and excruciating process. I arrived from Hell about a week ago, but took many shuttles to get to LA." 

I nod. 

"Here try this, it's called Coca-Cola," I say, handing Orcus the can. 

He takes a sip. 

"Hmm!" He hums in delight. "It's good." 

"Right?" 

Sasha comes running back from one of the many vending machines, with a bag of Doritos. 

"So, Orlando. How do you know Yvi so well?" She asks. 

"Um..." He looks at me for help.

"He's been my best friend since birth. He just moved here from San Diego and is staying with me at my place." 

"Wow, are you sure Brian is going to approve? He's cute." 

Orcus blushes. 

"Sasha! You have a boyfriend, remember?" 

"That's old news." She sarcastically states.  

"Wait, whose Brian?" 

"That's Yvi's boyfriend." Sasha marks boldly.