𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖋𝖔𝖗𝖙𝖞-𝖋𝖎𝖛𝖊

✞ LUCIFER'S POV ✞

Chloe clocks her gun as a bunch of police officers, and I stay behind her. She knocks on the door to the house.

"LAPD, open up!" She shouts. 

There is no response. We wait a couple of moments before Chloe knocks again. 

"Andrew Garcia, we know you're in there!" 

No response again. Chloe signals for me to go to the door, and I kick it open with ease. The officers rush into the house, scanning the area. 

"Decker, I found him!" 

The Detective and I rush to the kitchen. The suspect was already in handcuffs as the officers held him in place. 

"You can't just break into my home. I have my rights!" 

"Yeah, and you have the right to remain silent because anything you say may be used against you in court," Chloe says as I smile. 

"Good one, Detective." 

The officers guide the man out of the house. 

[ ]

"So, Andrew. Do you mind telling us what this is?" 

Chloe slides the piece of paper towards the man so he could see it. 

"It's my credit card transaction history." 

"Why did Jordan Mendes send you forty thousand dollars?"  

I could tell that Andrew was starting to sweat. A huge red flag when it comes to determining if someone was guilty. 

"Did you have to do with the murder of Tia Flemmings?" 

"No, ma'am," He admitted. "I confess, I did sell her to Jordan, but I haven't seen her since." 

Chloe began to take notes on his notepad. 

"Do you know Mr. Mendes personally?" I ask.

"We were buddies in high school, but not extremely close," Andrew states. "But I'm pretty sure that he killed her."  

The Detective and I look at the man in shock. 

"Can you elaborate on that?" 

"Sure," He begins to explain. "Sometimes Jordan and I would talk on the phone, it was always either for business or just to catch up. Ever since I sold that girl to him, he'd complain to me about how difficult she was and how he, quote on quote, wanted to get rid of the bitch for good." 

Chloe continues to take notes. 

"Did Jordan say what made her so difficult?" I question. 

"It was so obvious that he had some sort of feelings for her, but she always rejected his advances. You guys know that it didn't stop him from having his way with her anyway." Andrew confesses. 

"Wow, this is a lot," Chloe mumbles. "Do you have any evidence of your claims?" 

"Yes. I have text messages from Jordan on my cellphone that can prove what I'm saying is true." 

"Alright." 

Two officers escort him back to his cell, leaving the Detective and me alone in the interrogation room. 

"I think that we found our killer." 

"Finally," Chlo sighed. "Unfortunately, he's still on bail, so he can leave if someone bails him out. Once he's officially convicted of the crime, he will go to prison for good." 

There's a knock at the door. One of the officers pokes his head through the door. 

"Detective?" 

"Hey Bill, what's up?" 

"I thought that you might what to hear this," Bill steps towards us with a concerned expression on his face. "A man just came into the station and bailed Jordan Mendes out." 

"He paid the full bail?" 

"Correct." 

"Alright, thank you for letting me know." 

Bill walks out of the room. Once the door shuts, I slam my fists on the metal table, leaving a dent in it.  

"Damn it!" I exclaim. 

"Lucifer," She said, trying to calm me down. "Don't worry, there'll be a trial, and he'll get the punishment he deserves. Don't try to find him or anything. Let justice take its course." 

"I understand Detective, but he's free to roam the streets now. He could be hurting other people as we speak. For Heaven's sake, my daughter is in danger! He might go after her!" I shout. 

[ ] 

✞ YVI'S POV ✞

As I finished folding all of my clean laundry, I hear my phone ring. When I look and see that it's Sam trying to facetime me, I immediately accept his call. 

"Hey, Yvi!" Sam waves to the camera. 

"Hi, Sam, what's up?"

"Nothing much," He sighed. "I just got off work and thought of calling you." 

"Awe, that's sweet," I smile. "How have you been lately?" 

"I've been good. Work is good," Sam states. "How about you?" 

I sigh. 

"I'm kind of ticked off," I start to explain, not before closing my bedroom door. 

"Why, what happened?" 

"Well, Orlando is just very annoying at the moment," I confess. "As I was out with the twins and Alisa all day, Orlando hung out with Aubrey." 

Sam's eyes widen in shock. 

"Are you serious? Did you tell him about your guy's beef." 

"Yes, I made sure to tell him. It's obvious that they're both doing this to upset me. When I confronted him about it, Orlando had the audacity to tell me that not everything was about me and that I had Brian, so I should not worry about it.  Plus, he and Audrey are going to homecoming together," I rant. 

"Wow, that's fucked," He comments. 

"It sure is," I paused. "Hey, do you mind if I call you back?" 

"No, not at all." 

I hung up, sliding into iMessage to see that an unknown number had texted me.

Unknown: I'll be seeing you, Yvi Morningstar :)

[ ]

✞ AUTHOR'S NOTE ✞

Hey guys! I'm sorry for not updating for a while. Writer's block is very annoying at times. I hope you guys are going well during this time. I'm working on another story, so let me know if you guys are interested in seeing a sneak peek. Also, have y'all heard of the actor Brendan Fraser?  If not, watch his movies from the 90s, and you'll know why I'm obsessed. He deserves so much more hype. Anyway, that's all for today. Stay safe!

Love, 

Vicky <3